Power User privileges
Hello August 18, 2017, 03:15:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Power User privileges  (Read 3425 times)
(Hidden)

« on: October 17, 2010, 08:41:00 pm »

Hi family,

A recent HelpDesk request made me realize how valuable this information may be to all our members.

Q:  I have noticed some users "hide" their profile details and download information.  How do I do this?
A:  This is available to Power Users from their Profile.

Power Users need to qualify AUTOMATICALLY (no request required -- happens automatically):
  • Length of membership here > 1 month
  • Upload amount (whether simply seeding and/or from new torrents) > 40 GB
  • Ratio > 1.05 (consistently, as Power User status may continue to be added and removed automatically as their ratio changes)

Power Users benefits:
  • More downloads available (DVD-R torrents)
  • Direct ability to search for DVD duplicates and easily upload to this Category 1
  • Profile security (if desired) -- see screen shot below
  • Invites -- originally set to 4 -- this allows you to INVITE up to four friends to this site -- each invite that actually joins GT.ru gains you 2 GB of "virtual" upload traffic which immediately improves your ratio

To change your Power User profile security:
   1) Click your profile either by clicking <Profile> in the very top blue menu bar -or- your nickname top-left after, "Welcome back."
   2) Scroll down and choose your preference followed by clicking the <Submit Changes!> button.

Hugs,
Tim

1  Regular members MAY upload new torrents into the DVD-R category.  Because regular members cannot search in advance for duplicates, this requires the extra step of submitting a HelpDesk request for Staff to search for any duplicate.  A member finding a DVD-R upload significantly boosts their ratio because that upload is often 3 or 4 GB instead of a 300 MB to 1.2 GB upload.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 01:12:37 pm by (Hidden) » Logged
1x Smiley

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 05:24:44 am »

wow... i freak out when my ratio goes under 1. looks like i will wait a month and hopefully i can see the new category. I just learned the other day about the older straight section!

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 09:29:10 pm »

This was very helpful. I've been wondering about power user status and what it actually does, thanks.

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 09:03:36 pm »

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. I went to exchange some bonus points for an invite and found that this is only available to power users. Now I see why.... even though I'm above the minimum share ratio I'm not above that 1.05 threshold.

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 05:58:00 pm »

Is power users thing of the past? I don't recall being promoted...

(Hidden)

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 07:26:16 pm »

Is power users thing of the past? I don't recall being promoted...

No, it's not and let me refresh your memory on how you became a power user by reading this link

https://www.gaytorrent.ru/faq.php#317

While we're at it, also read this

https://www.gaytorrent.ru/faq.php#551

(Hidden)

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 09:37:57 pm »

Ah ok thanks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.