A recent HelpDesk request made me realize how valuable this information may be to all our members.
Q: I have noticed some users "hide" their profile details and download information. How do I do this?
A: This is available to Power Users from their Profile.
Power Users need to qualify AUTOMATICALLY (no request required -- happens automatically):
- Length of membership here > 1 month
- Upload amount (whether simply seeding and/or from new torrents) > 40 GB
- Ratio > 1.05 (consistently, as Power User status may continue to be added and removed automatically as their ratio changes)
Power Users benefits:
More downloads available (DVD-R torrents) Direct ability to search for DVD duplicates and easily upload to this Category 1 Profile security (if desired) -- see screen shot below
- Invites -- originally set to 4 -- this allows you to INVITE up to four friends to this site -- each invite that actually joins GT.ru gains you 2 GB of "virtual" upload traffic which immediately improves your ratio
To change your Power User profile security:
1) Click your profile either by clicking <Profile> in the very top blue menu bar -or- your nickname top-left after, "Welcome back."
2) Scroll down and choose your preference followed by clicking the <Submit Changes!> button.
Regular members MAY
upload new torrents into the DVD-R category. Because regular members cannot search in advance for duplicates, this requires the extra step of submitting a HelpDesk request for Staff to search for any duplicate. A member finding a DVD-R upload significantly boosts their ratio because that upload is often 3 or 4 GB instead of a 300 MB to 1.2 GB upload.