Title: The Story of the Stone (2018)
Spoken Language: Mandarin
Video format: mp4 (h264, yuv420p)
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Source: unknown, no information
Tested working in VLC and MPC
Perfect syncs with the following torrents:
a. ♺ The Story of the Stone (2018)https://www.gaytorrent.ru/details.php?id=5e17321f035c41c76d373638dd080287a675c4f950194457
- Not preferred, due to distracting hard-coded text advertisements running on the top border for the Macau casino [澳门新葡京娱乐城] ugh!
b. The Story of the Stone (2018) - Starr Wu (zh sub & dub) (1080p) https://www.gaytorrent.ru/details.php?id=6689736eaa89e2ad6d373638dd0802872deecbb9424d6113
File: The Story of the Stone (2018) - Starr Wu (1080p).mp4
- Preferred, "clean version".
- As both torrents are no longer recent (2018-11-18, 2019-04-02), the uploader may not be able to edit the torrent. Admins / Moderators, please assist to add the link to this page for the subtitles into the torrent description. Also, is there a way to inform all who snatched the files that English subtitles are now available ? Thank you.
* sub-subber's notes *
Hi everyone. I found the ENGLISH subtitles available publicly by "satranc". From my searches, only this version exists on the internet at the moment.
Some things I've learnt about satranc's subtitle:
- the first line dialogue is off-sync by 5.8 seconds (easily corrected),
- the last line dialogue is further off-sync, by 16 seconds (why!?!).
I suspect that this subtitle was for a censored version of the movie. The location of this censored part is therefore the main problem.
I tracked down the missing part, found it, restored the missing dialogue (just 3 lines!), and shifted the timestamps. Why the censorship ? I won't spoil it for you - but it does not involve sex. It is for... something else :-)
A bit of the dialogue was also improved (20-30 lines, <1%). Actually, there are many nuances lost in translation, but the project is too time consuming, and will be left for another time (or another subbing group).
Spoiler free example of an edited dialogue :
(0:02:36): Mr Fong, cheers! (santranc) [|] MISTER Fong, cheers! (ssd: for enthusiasm)
(0:02:38): Everyone calls me Miss Fong (unchanged)
(0:02:40): Miss Fong? I get it. (santranc) [|] Miss Fong? Ha ha! I get it. (ssd: put the laugh back in)
(0:02:47): Good wine ! (unchanged)
(0:02:48): It I1s. (santranc: typo error) [|] It is, isn't it (ssd: underscoring Fong's softer tone)
(T_T) - too many!!!
Oh, and the large watermark from 0:11:10 to 0:11:36 - 葬花 ?
Well, it's not some copyright thing. 葬花 is "Burial of Flowers", and acts as a directorial nod to the original classical text, the "Burial of Flowers" poem [葬花词], in "The Dream of the Red Chamber" [红楼梦]. I have added in a subtitle for this, and similar font motifs at the appropriate locations:
(0:06:11) 红楼梦 Dream of the Red Chamber, classical title.
(0:33:31) 醉眠 [Drunken] - nod to Story of Drunkenness and Remedy. From [憨湘云醉眠芍药裀的故事]
(1:12:21) 失玉 [Lost Jade] - a motif of loss. From [中宝玉失玉]
(1:32:51) 撲蝶 [Butterfly] - nod to a scene from the classic. From [寶釵撲蝶]
I am pleased to provide these corrected English subtitles for your viewing pleasure.