Jennifer Lawrence's New Film (Mother!) Horrifies Critics
Hello September 23, 2017, 07:40:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jennifer Lawrence's New Film (Mother!) Horrifies Critics  (Read 29 times)
(Hidden)

« on: September 16, 2017, 06:34:05 pm »

A CinemaScore of F is truly horrific. Most people are claiming that Darren Aronofsky made a tactical error by marketing this movie as a paranormal horror when the actual movie does not resemble a horror/thriller. The reviews seem rather polarised, and Paranormal is worried that they will make a financial loss over this movie. This is big, considering Lawrence's usual success and Aronofsky's positive reputation.

Link: http://deadline.com/2017/09/it-stephen-king-movie-jennifer-lawrence-mother-dylan-obrien-american-assassin-weekend-box-office-1202170367/

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 02:14:49 am »

Friend said it was stupid.

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 07:02:46 am »

I liked it, but i understand why people hate it

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 05:17:25 pm »

Without spoiling too much, what do you think was the movie's main issue? The acting? The plot?

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 06:04:32 pm »

Without spoiling too much, what do you think was the movie's main issue? The acting? The plot?

People don't think in allegory. Those that can see what the director was doing see it as pretentious. Others might think on it too much as a political statement and so dismiss it as political. I think mainstream folk walked in expecting a gross-out horror film and got an art film instead.

The movie is visually stunning and worth seeing if you like art house cinema.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: