Most Underrated TV Shows
Hello April 19, 2018, 01:45:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Underrated TV Shows  (Read 3677 times)
(Hidden)

« on: July 08, 2016, 04:59:20 am »

Curious as to what you guys think are some of the best TV shows that no one talks about?

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 11:00:19 am »

If nobody talks about them, they probably aren't going to last very long but some of my favorite have been Torchwood (ended), Please like me, The Art of More, and Conspiracy 365 (ended).  Grin Grin

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 10:36:30 am »

Black sails

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 10:38:18 pm »

Most of Bryan Fullers shows. Like Dead Like me, Pushing Daisies and Hannibal. Such good shows, but low ratings. A shame!

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 10:27:42 am »

The Leftovers (HBO), weird show, but slowly built up and interestingly beautiful!!!

(Hidden)

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 12:09:55 pm »

Yes to Dead Like Me!  Grin Loved it and it was so underappreciated!
Other good shows that aren't heard about much- You Me and the Apocalypse, and The Expanse!

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short.
But shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying and confusing.
(Hidden)

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 01:32:26 pm »

The Leftovers, definitely (season 1 was brilliant)
The Decalogue (Krzysztof Kieslowski series for Polish TV in the late 1980s)
Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman (Norman Lear's soap opera parody from the late 1970s, which I'm watching now).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 01:34:27 pm by (Hidden) » Logged

(Hidden)

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 04:05:48 pm »

If nobody talks about them, they probably aren't going to last very long but some of my favorite have been Torchwood (ended), Please like me, The Art of More, and Conspiracy 365 (ended).  Grin Grin

Don't say that... I prefer to think of Torchwood as "on hiatus"... Cry

(Hidden)

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 04:15:16 pm »

Shameless (US)
The Closer (ended)
Major Crimes (The Closer Spin-off)
Person of Interest (ended this year)
Boston Legal

(Hidden)

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 05:09:26 pm »

Arrested Development, totally hilarious.

(Hidden)

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 05:00:53 pm »

Penny Dreadful

(Hidden)

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 08:13:10 pm »

Nathan For You.

(Hidden)

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 07:51:14 pm »

Graham Patrick Martin played a hustler who had seen a murder in Griffith Park in Los Angeles near the end of The Closer, and his character and story line continued when the series was rejiggered into Major Crimes. Most of the regular characters are interesting and the way his character is treated is esp. enlightened in these troubling times.

Is he gay? Some think so, some don't, and for the longest number of episodes, it was not stated. And no one blinked or seemed to care anyway. The attractice straight actor has previously been seen mostly in tv comedies, esp. as the half-man's stoner friend in Two and a Half Men, before the ingrate started mouthing off about how he'd become a "Christian" and regretted being in such a sex-positive comedy series. Sure made a lot of money before he was enlightened, though, and the spaced-out scenes with Martin are a hoot.

An old interview with Martin about his character on the show is still worth reading:

http://www.advocate.com/arts-entertainment/television/2014/07/03/how-major-crimes-actor-and-gay-showrunner-created-one-best

Elsewhere in this forum I've spoken about the dead and forgotten Canadian series Alienated, taking place in a suburban area of Vancouver Island, where it was shot. The family has an encounter of the Third Kind and is transformed in highly sexual ways. The 14-year-old boy begins banging his teacher. Grandpa starts chasing anything in skirts. The husband who had lost interest in sex suddenly can't get enough of his wife, who used to want him, but.... And the lesbian daughter who comes out.

Maybe it's just me, but when sperm glows green after The Encounter, I thought the blatant innuendo was hot (but not visually indiscreet) when the kid is having a back seat makeout session with his teacher in a somewhat distant car and it concluded with a sudden flash of radiant green light.

(Hidden)

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 11:01:48 pm »

Don't really watch that much TV.

I'm American so all of these are American shows.

I think the Twilight Zone remake a few years ago should have lasted longer than it did.

Orange is the new black is kinda underrated and people are just labeling it as a lesbian prison show, and it's so much more than that.

How to get away with murder is a very underrated show.

I'll add one more. 

Empire is kinda underrated.

(Hidden)

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2017, 12:57:10 am »

Kingdom (the mma show not the British one)
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
Veep
Parks and Recreation
The Venture Bros
Archer
Rick and Morty
Young Justice
Batman The Animated Series
Justice League Unlimited
Survivor's Remorse
Daredevil
Luke Cage
The IT Crowd
Luther
The Thick Of It
Baccano (one of the few anime I really got into)

(Hidden)

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2017, 04:45:14 am »

Lips Sealed

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled