Cost
Hello September 21, 2017, 10:32:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cost  (Read 489 times)
(Hidden)

« on: July 20, 2016, 01:20:23 am »

What is the cost of HIV medication?

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 04:27:28 am »

This largely depends on what medication regime that you're put onto, as well as what kind of pharmacy that you go to.

My original medications cost $1533.53/mo at a cheaper pharmacy, whereas at the big name pharmacies, they would easily run well over $3500. My current supply costs me just under $1400/mo. Thankfully, one thing I love about the Canadian healthcare system is that they pickup the bill on these medications as they're deemed to be a necessity of life.

The only difference between martyrdom and suicide is press coverage!

"Education is all we have left when we have forgotten everything we learned in school." -- Albert Einstein
(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 03:22:50 am »

This largely depends on what medication regime that you're put onto, as well as what kind of pharmacy that you go to.

My original medications cost $1533.53/mo at a cheaper pharmacy, whereas at the big name pharmacies, they would easily run well over $3500. My current supply costs me just under $1400/mo. Thankfully, one thing I love about the Canadian healthcare system is that they pickup the bill on these medications as they're deemed to be a necessity of life.

Have things changed in your case?

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 07:55:24 am »

If by changed you mean my government funding for my meds, no... The bill is still hefty, but it gets billed straight to the government, so I never actually see the bill.

As for my progress with HIV, I'm down to one horse pill once a day with pretty well no side effects. Smiley
1x Thumb Up

The only difference between martyrdom and suicide is press coverage!

"Education is all we have left when we have forgotten everything we learned in school." -- Albert Einstein
(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 08:46:31 am »

If by changed you mean my government funding for my meds, no... The bill is still hefty, but it gets billed straight to the government, so I never actually see the bill.

As for my progress with HIV, I'm down to one horse pill once a day with pretty well no side effects. Smiley

Keep taking care then!

Wink

(Hidden)

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 08:49:15 am »

This is awesome news - glad to hear it

All the world is waiting for you and the power you possess
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled