Increase U/L speed
Hello August 17, 2018, 01:39:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Increase U/L speed  (Read 11233 times)
(Hidden)

« on: August 23, 2016, 03:40:32 am »

Hello,

I am struggling with this and I have been back and forth with admins on this website. I have such a shitty upload speed and am trying to figure out a way to increase this exponentially. I am a member of many sites and have never had any issues uploading, I have a great connection and this has nothing to do with me, but this website. What can I do to make my upload speeds more efficient?

My ports are open, my torrent program is fine tuned, and I have read many posts on this and still have found no proper answer.

The thing is, is what I have been fighting the admin users on here...I want to improve my UL ratio, but I cannot because this website refuses to allow me to UL more than 15 kb/s, which is sad...

I truly want to contribute to this community, but I cannot when I know I have an UL speed of 15mb/s and all I get is 0.05kb/s...please honestly help me get this fixed.

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 03:43:14 am »

On a side note, I am capable of seeding FOREVER! I just see speeds from 0kb/s to 22kb/s...this is just not acceptable. And I will not accept that these torrents are based overseas and that's why the speeds lack. Because I have been torrenting before it existed. And that is a load of crap.

Anyone remember IRC dayz? I got better UL speeds in '99!
1x Thumb Up

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 05:18:37 am »

I have the same problem.  I get a very slow UL speed and my torrents often won't  upload at all even though  I can see there are leechers.   

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 07:31:28 am »

Hello,

I believe your upload speed will depend on:

1) The amount of leechers on a torrent

2) The connection speed of the peer your are uploading to.

3) Any ISP throttling (limiting your connection speeds) when torrenting.

These are just my theories. Hope they help!

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 09:23:35 am »

Just a thought i wounder if you use a device abd dmz that device or open all of its ports if that would positivly affect the speed of seeding. Just a thought thoe i just woke up.

(Hidden)

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 01:24:56 am »

I'm having this exact issue, can't figure out how to solve it :/
Really want to seed but it won't!!

(Hidden)

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 05:58:44 pm »

I upload a lot and my upload speed is 4Mbps so it's almost 500kb/s . I have cable net, I use AVG as my internet security and utorrent to upload. I didn't do anything to my comp to speed up my upload. Usually I'd need 3 downladers for my uploading to start. Sometimes one is enough. But as soon as few people get whole torrent, my torrent stops seeding. Then from time to time it starts again. All I really know how to keep my upload up is by not downloading at the same time. As soon as I start, my upload goes to 20kb/s or even 0. I can use 10% of my whole download speed for downloading, but if I use more, I can't upload anymore. It sucks but I have to choose do I want to download or upload.

(Hidden)

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 07:52:15 pm »

On another site I read a thread about how that particular tracker prioritizes seeds.  Seedboxes get first priority and there are so many of them on that particular site it's difficult for regular uploaders to seed anything.

I have finally solved my problem on this site.  I had to upload my own files.

(Hidden)

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 11:55:19 pm »

It's true about when you upload your own files but the moment people have the whole file and start seeding then hardly anyone is downloading from you anymore, well at least that's what happened to me...

(Hidden)

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 12:42:30 am »

It's true about when you upload your own files but the moment people have the whole file and start seeding then hardly anyone is downloading from you anymore, well at least that's what happened to me...

I try to upload larger files.

(Hidden)

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 01:38:05 am »

OK, will have to try that out and see how much I'll get Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled