Who’s your favorite pro baseball team?
Hello November 19, 2017, 08:38:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who’s your favorite pro baseball team?  (Read 4743 times)
(Hidden)

« on: September 20, 2016, 01:32:10 am »

Known as America’s “national pastime,” baseball is enjoyed worldwide, and Major League Baseball (MLB) is represented by players from across the globe.

I’ve been a fan of the Los Angeles Dodgers from when I first started following the game as a kid sometime around the late 60’s/early 70’s.

In spite of living in the hometown of the local favorite A’s, and just across the bay from the arch rival Giants, I still proudly sport my gear, consisting of at least 6 caps and 5 “authentic” (17, A.J. Ellis) jerseys--2 with post season patches, and another being my prized and truly authentic, team-issued jersey, which was pulled from the team clubhouse and acquired through an MLB on-line auction.

So, who do you root for?!

The memories of the 1988 season are still clear, but that was so long ago; and the past few seasons have been great, but the post season not so much. However, once again, things are looking quite good.

October is around the corner and we are due!

GO DODGERS! Cheesy

« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 01:40:52 am by (Hidden) » Logged

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 07:04:56 am »

YES!

The Cubs' "fairy tale" season is about to hit "the skids"...

"Win for Vin!"

GO  DODGERS! Cheers

« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 07:13:32 am by (Hidden) » Logged

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 10:10:05 am »

SF Giants

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 02:35:36 pm »

SF Giants

It’s almost a bit ironic that the first co-member to reply to my post is a fan of our arch rival.

Just out of curiosity, with the elimination of the Giants from the 2016 postseason, do you still have an interest in the World Series; and if so, who are you rooting for (or against)?

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 07:26:35 pm »

Go Cubbies!!!!!!!

Minor setback last night but we shall prevail!

Doh! Gotta be like Kyle and get off the soapbox and lay off the speeches! Yikes Smiley
(Hidden)

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 07:00:25 am »

Go Cubbies!!!!!!!

I don't know...

The series might not even get back to Chicago.

GO  DODGERS! Cheers
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 08:50:04 am by (Hidden) » Logged

(Hidden)

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 10:49:16 pm »

Go Cubbies!!!!!!!

I don't know...

GO  DODGERS! Cheers

Muhahahahah| Actually, I can't even watch the games...I'm too fucking nervous. Glad the Dodgers got spanked last night though  Cheers

Doh! Gotta be like Kyle and get off the soapbox and lay off the speeches! Yikes Smiley
(Hidden)

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 08:02:17 am »

Go Cubbies!!!!!!!

I don't know...

GO  DODGERS! Cheers

Muhahahahah| Actually, I can't even watch the games...I'm too fucking nervous. Glad the Dodgers got spanked last night though  Cheers

Okay...I was wrong about having to go back to Chicago, but the "where" is not important...

It's all about getting those rings! Cheesy

GO  DODGERS! Applaud2

(Hidden)

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 11:17:15 pm »

Oh, the Cubbies will work their magic against your bullpen  Crazy?

The Dodgers are going to down faster than me on a Friday night at the ABS!  Cheesy

But seriously, Kershaw is a beast. We have to tap into your bullpen early for the Cubbies to win Game 6. Thank god I don't live near Wrigleyville cause it will be a hot fucking mess *when* they win the pennant   Cheers

(Hidden)

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 06:00:53 am »

Only the USA could have a tournament called "world series" which is limited to the USA and Canada. That's a pretty small "world"  Ha ha

(Hidden)

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2016, 07:25:10 pm »

Tru Dat

(Hidden)

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2016, 07:43:23 pm »

Only the USA could have a tournament called "world series" which is limited to the USA and Canada. That's a pretty small "world"  Ha ha

Wrong...

The "World Series" sees players of all nationalities who come from all parts of the globe! Smiley

« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 07:48:06 pm by (Hidden) » Logged

(Hidden)

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2016, 07:47:11 pm »

You might have players from around the world, but the teams allowed to compete are limited to North American ones.

The World Series match the champions of the National League and The American League.

http://www.howbaseballworks.com/WorldSeries.htm

"Despite its name, the World Series remains solely the championship of the major-league baseball teams in the United States and Canada, although MLB, its players, and North American media sometimes informally refer to World Series winners as "world champions of baseball".[43]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Series#International_participation

« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 07:53:17 pm by (Hidden) » Logged

(Hidden)

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2016, 07:58:46 pm »

You might have players from around the world, but the teams allowed to compete are limited to North American ones.

That's true.

It's a "Major League Baseball" (MLB) tournament, open to all league members. Cheesy

(Hidden)

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2016, 05:31:01 am »

Oh, the Cubbies will work their magic against your bullpen  Crazy?

The Dodgers are going to down faster than me on a Friday night at the ABS!  Cheesy

But seriously, Kershaw is a beast. We have to tap into your bullpen early for the Cubbies to win Game 6. Thank god I don't live near Wrigleyville cause it will be a hot fucking mess *when* they win the pennant   Cheers

Booo! Angry

That sucks!

Oh well..."shit happens."

GO  CLEVELAND! Evil

(Hidden)

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2016, 07:24:21 am »

I just gotta say.....

GOOOOOOOO CUBBIES!! with love blow nose with love Crazy? afraid Hug

But wow, Kershaw got knocked around and Hendricks was divine. 4 more to go Cub Nation!  Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers

(Hidden)

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2016, 07:38:29 pm »

I just gotta say.....

GOOOOOOOO CUBBIES!! with love blow nose with love Crazy? afraid Hug

And so you should, and I guess I deserve that bit of “salt” added to my “wound.”

Man---talk about “going down in flames!”

Well, enjoy it…I know I would.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 07:41:57 pm by (Hidden) » Logged

(Hidden)

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2016, 06:37:48 pm »

That was the most nerve wracking, gut wrenching, roller coaster of a game last night. So proud of the Cubs! Especially my husband, Ben
Zobrist (omg I wish right?).

Although would totally bang

Joe Maddon, David Ross and/or Jon Lester in a heartbeat.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 06:53:40 pm by (Hidden) » Logged

(Hidden)

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2016, 06:38:07 pm »

ack double post  Blinking
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 06:42:42 pm by (Hidden) » Logged

(Hidden)

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2016, 06:54:03 pm »

That was the most nerve wracking, gut wrenching, roller coaster of a game last night. So proud of the Cubs! Especially my husband, Ben Zobrist (omg I wish right?). Although would totally bang Joe Maddon, David Ross and/or Jon Lester in a heartbeat.

Alright, alright, alright...

Go ahead and wave the flag.

That sucks!

I thought for sure after they tied it, that Cleveland was going to "wake" the Cubs up from that dream!

Booo...

We'll just have to "win for Vin" next year...besides, it's football season now! (LOL)...

GO  CHIEFS! Cheers
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 06:56:15 pm by (Hidden) » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled