Video Editing Software
Hello December 14, 2018, 08:48:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Video Editing Software  (Read 5129 times)
(Hidden)

« on: October 09, 2016, 04:29:25 pm »

Is anyone doing any genuine video editing (meaning more than just cutting stuff out and splicing)?  I'm wondering what package would be best for needs like true effects and post-processing, filters, and things like that.  I want powerful but not cost prohibitive.

I used to use Nero and was fairly happy with it, and have used Pinnacle here and there when helping with other projects but not nearly enough to really be familiar with its strengths or weaknesses.

Thoughts?

Oh, this would be either for Windows or Linux, preferably Windows.

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 12:40:26 am »

I'm wondering what package would be best for needs like true effects and post-processing, filters, and things like that.  I want powerful

The gold-standard for media editing software has long been Premiere Pro and Media Composer. Both of these are way beyond Nero in terms of what they do, but both are expensive. Premiere Pro does have a free trial but I think you'd do better to find a program from one of these two lists:

Video editing software

Video converters

Any type of software offered with a general purpose license (GPL) should be tried first, as they are free to use.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 02:39:57 am by (Hidden) » Logged

The speed of light (3×108 m/s) from Earth to the Moon, in real time
(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 09:39:24 pm »

I'm wondering what package would be best for needs like true effects and post-processing, filters, and things like that.  I want powerful

The gold-standard for media editing software has long been Premiere Pro and Media Composer. Both of these are way beyond Nero in terms of what they do, but both are expensive. Premiere Pro does have a free trial but I think you'd do better to find a program from one of these two lists:

Thanks, buddy!  I tried several yesterday and wasn't happy with any of them (all Linux) they are either TOO basic or so complicated I end up throwing things and swearing a lot (and this freaks out the dog!).....

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 12:30:36 pm »

tried several yesterday and wasn't happy with any of them (all Linux) they are either TOO basic or so complicated

Kdenlive isn't too bad. They used to also have a Windows experimental build — due back, I guess, at the end of the year.

The speed of light (3×108 m/s) from Earth to the Moon, in real time
(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 10:52:07 pm »

I think I used CyberLink Media Suite once to make a dvd of my sister's wedding. I think Corel has it as well. If you don't use it for work, I wouldn't buy it. I usually just download it from net with crack or serial

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: