Must read: DC's new Midnighter and Apollo series
Hello April 29, 2017, 09:33:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Must read: DC's new Midnighter and Apollo series  (Read 6229 times)
(Hidden)

« on: October 11, 2016, 09:13:56 pm »

For those unfamiliar with them- Midnighter and Apollo were created by Warren Ellis to serve as a Batman and Superman analogue who were used through the years to explore gay issues in a superhero comic. Some times more successfully than others.

This new series has just begun and is already making waves! Give it a try if you want to see a gay (super)power couple done right.  Cheesy

http://fusion.net/story/355129/midnighter-and-apollo-talk-power-bottoms/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=flipboard
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 09:18:38 pm by (Hidden) » Logged
1x Thumb Up

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short.
But shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying and confusing.
(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 12:54:35 pm »

OH GOD YASS~~~!!!!
i've been missing midnighter since his stand alone comic ended and that thing with Prometheus.

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 03:14:45 pm »

One of DC's best power couples!  Grin
Issue #2 is coming out this week! I hope it's as good as the first one.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short.
But shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying and confusing.
(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 06:42:38 pm »

It really shouldn't be an issue on who's top or bottom now, at this time.  They're both versa, as far as everyone should be concerned, haha.

Could you update on how the issues go?  I was quite disappointed with the original Midnighter series since it barely had Apollo in it. I wasn't into New Universe so didn't follow the new Midnighter series too.  Or Stormwatch.  Hated his spikey costume there.

What's the deal with the Prometheus thing?  I was told that the guy Midnighter was sleeping with (?) was actually Prometheus. Did they have sex or was it a date thing only?

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 07:40:39 am »

Could you update on how the issues go?  I was quite disappointed with the original Midnighter series since it barely had Apollo in it. I wasn't into New Universe so didn't follow the new Midnighter series too.  Or Stormwatch.  Hated his spikey costume there.

What's the deal with the Prometheus thing?  I was told that the guy Midnighter was sleeping with (?) was actually Prometheus. Did they have sex or was it a date thing only?

well so far so good as of issue #1.
well it was named Midnighter. not Midnighter and Apollo. the spiky costume thing was actually brought up by Apollo before when DC and wildstorm comics universe merged. it was brought up by apollo and how he hated it, especially the chin spike.

The Prometheus thing......
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(Hidden)

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 10:41:58 am »

Gimme more spoilers on the Prometheus deal, hehe.

So it was really sleeping with the enemy.  I dunno how to compare the new universe Prometheus with the old one but there were multiple copycats, I recall.  I'll assume the comic series got cancelled after Midnighter beats him?  How though?

(Hidden)

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 02:08:15 pm »

Thanks
I found them and I am happy that there are finally some positive role models.
1x Thumb Up

(Hidden)

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 04:53:17 pm »

Gimme more spoilers on the Prometheus deal, hehe.

So it was really sleeping with the enemy.  I dunno how to compare the new universe Prometheus with the old one but there were multiple copycats, I recall.  I'll assume the comic series got cancelled after Midnighter beats him?  How though?

okay~
more like Prometheus Spy-Banged midnighter. the prometheus that appeared was more loyal to the 2nd gen one, given the backstory and possession of the Cosmic Key. Actually no, they did a few solo arcs then finished it off with an arc involving Henry Bendix and Amanda Waller, and of course Apollo for their reconciliation, hence the new comic~

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(Hidden)

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 07:45:29 pm »

That's pretty cool, thanks for the spoilers.  But how did he get his bionics back on again afterwards?

(Hidden)

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 06:18:04 am »

That's pretty cool, thanks for the spoilers.  But how did he get his bionics back on again afterwards?

it wasn't really off. it's just that Prometheus used some kind of tech to incorporate a special type of cell that basically makes his actions invisible to Midnighter's Fight computer.

basically the computer still worked but couldn't recognize prometheus, hence can't compute for them.

(Hidden)

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 06:08:52 am »

Ah I get it, thanks.

He's about Batman's age before (since that's his homage) but now he hangs around Night wing so he's... early 20's?

(Hidden)

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2016, 02:08:22 pm »

Ah I get it, thanks.

He's about Batman's age before (since that's his homage) but now he hangs around Night wing so he's... early 20's?

more like mid 20's for me

(Hidden)

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 07:25:20 am »

I just finished the most recent three of this new arc of six (?) - I like the characters so much that I find it a bit hard to be too critical.  One thing I really like about the new series is seeing all Midnighter's friends (and tricks) - they are an interesting corollary to The Authority and pose a thoughtful response to the question of whether a superhero could have friends who aren't superheroes.   
1x Thumb Up

(Hidden)

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2017, 02:57:42 am »

Midnighter's solo series was a blast to read.  So cocky, so ruthless, so fun.  I also enjoyed the crossover issues with Grayson (the 'I could recognize that ass anywhere' bit was hilarious).

Midnighter and Apollo is also a good book. Awesome read so far.  Keeps me waiting for the start of the next month anxiously.

(Hidden)

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2017, 05:08:54 am »

I have the physical book of the debut  of the Worlds finest couple: Stormwatch's "A Finer World" Should I upload it? Its just that I dont have a scanner.

(Hidden)

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 06:38:02 am »

Art by Bryan Hitch, that was a nice three issues.  I figured they were gay somehow before. Glad they survived but I'm sorry their friends all died.  Amaze, Crow Jane, Lamplighter etc.

(Hidden)

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 08:55:35 am »

It's a really good series. Everyone shoud read.
If it needs to be uploaded I have the current ones update with the boyfriends series.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: