Is there a word filter on forum messages?
Hello May 23, 2018, 01:31:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a word filter on forum messages?  (Read 1918 times)
(Hidden)

« on: December 13, 2016, 03:52:05 pm »

Yes, I know I've been here before. But it seems to be getting more common that people just say 'ID this picture' and nary a please or thank you in title or message.

And if someone is daft enough to answer a command like that, so often there is no thank you in reply.

The same with torrent requests. As for reseeds it is so rare for the next person on a torrent page saying thank you for the reseed to be the one asking for it that if I spot it I report it to the authorities as an endangered species!

In passing, I don't even bother to read requests which don't at least have a please in them. Much like you will probably not read this  Wink

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 04:24:46 pm »

what does the body have to do with your title o.o?

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 05:55:51 pm »

I assume he likes to filter forum posts to see only those which contain a 'please' or 'thank you' and ignore the rest.

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 06:03:16 pm »

Please and Thank You on here Cannon? Certainly you jest?  Crazy?

It seems to be getting worse instead of better. It can't just be that I am getting up there in years? Manners even in this thing called the internet should never go out of style.

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 01:18:04 am »

And just to spite me I've just had a reseed request and the person who made it is the last name in the thanks for the torrent  Cheesy

@ Yutolio - it's called sarcasm

@ Popper - if I did that there would be nothing to read  Wink

(Hidden)

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 03:14:08 pm »

I don't think there's a word filter so much as there's a brain filter that prevents the elevator from reaching the top floor in most of our users.... If ya know what I mean...

The only difference between martyrdom and suicide is press coverage!

"Education is all we have left when we have forgotten everything we learned in school." -- Albert Einstein
(Hidden)

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 05:30:19 pm »

I don't think there's a word filter so much as there's a brain filter that prevents the elevator from reaching the top floor in most of our users.... If ya know what I mean...

I've come across one or two a few fries short of a Happy Meal.  Crazy?
1x Thumb Up

(Hidden)

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 11:03:04 am »

We only have a mass filter that applies to everyone. 

I have never seen a proactive filter that only shows threads/posts with certain words.    Some forum software allows word search, but that would have to be done each time. 

(Hidden)

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 12:59:41 pm »

You haven't been around long enough LOL

If you're around long enough, you'll run into some users who only have a few fries left in the Happy Meal LOL

The only difference between martyrdom and suicide is press coverage!

"Education is all we have left when we have forgotten everything we learned in school." -- Albert Einstein
(Hidden)

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2016, 02:39:48 pm »

You haven't been around long enough LOL

If you're around long enough, you'll run into some users who only have a few fries left in the Happy Meal LOL

How true.  Crazy?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled