Holiday preparation
Hello October 16, 2018, 10:29:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holiday preparation  (Read 1943 times)
(Hidden)

« on: December 21, 2016, 06:16:47 pm »

What are your or your family's holiday food plans? specifically for christmas(if you celebrate) and new years(if applicable)?
Mine is
Christmas:
Ossu Bucco
Yorkshire Pudding
and Creme Brulee

and New years:
Rib roast
Pommes Aligot
Croquembouche
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 11:34:38 am by (Hidden) » Logged
1x Thumb Up

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 05:07:33 am »

Croquembouche

Such decadent deliciousness...

Anyway, we go for the usual 'Bacalao a la Vìzcaina' (Codfish Vizcayne) and maybe some potato salad...Dessert? We would explode after stuffing ourselves with so much codfish....

Between Xmas and New Year...we'll still be eating the rest of the codfish...then on New Year's Eve...more codfish.

Btw, did I ever mention how much I like codfish?
1x Thumb Up

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 09:55:43 am »

What are your or your family's holiday food plans? specifically for christmas(if you celebrate) and new years(if applicable)?
Mine is
Christmas:
Ossu Bucco
Yorkshire Pudding
and Creme Brulee

and New years:
Rib roast
Croquembouche

Wow! That's an awesome menu! Are you in Manila? And would you be accepting an extra guest? Cheesy

We usually have the traditional ham, queso de bola, BBQ, and pancit for Christmas. And more of the same for New Year- maybe some Adobo  and Leche Flan as well. Our menu is very pinoy.  Cheesy

Eridanos- I've always been wanting to try Cod- never had the chance yet. Sounds like you enjoy it.  Grin
1x Thumb Up

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short.
But shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying and confusing.
(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 11:39:55 am »

@Eridanos: what does codfish taste like? i dont think i've tried it before. Is the red in the pics i googled tomato sauce?
the croquembouche is actually a holiday dare from a friend of mine. since i wasnt originally planning not to do desserts this time around since i'll be cooking a lot.

@brianboru72: thank you. i do try and do something special on holidays when i'm in charge of the menu. yup we'll be in manila. sadly stranger danger LOL
mmmm  queso de bola......
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 02:08:18 pm by (Hidden) » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled