Debbie Reynolds dead @ 84
Hello November 18, 2017, 05:44:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Debbie Reynolds dead @ 84  (Read 2914 times)
(Hidden)

« on: December 29, 2016, 07:14:10 am »

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/28/movies/debbie-reynolds-dead.html

She died just 1 day after her daughter Carrie Fisher.  

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 11:12:33 am »

I used to watched her movie in TCM  Sad

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 12:43:29 pm »

RIP

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 02:15:50 pm »

Could this year get any worse?  Cry Cry Cry Cry afraid

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 04:13:23 pm »

First, the musicians...now the actors (of iconic films)... a dark year for the Arts as a whole.

(Hidden)

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 05:55:43 pm »

Well, we still have 3 days....

There can be a LOT of surprises ....

(Hidden)

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 10:32:57 pm »

Felt so horrible after hearing about this.. How terrible.

(Hidden)

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 05:41:01 pm »

rest in peace

(Hidden)

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 03:39:23 am »

RIP  Sad

(Hidden)

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 01:51:35 am »

RIP  Sad

I know in my heart that Debbie forgives the nine-month delay in expressing your condolences, and that she would honor your memory in a similar fashion if there was a SeedPoint up for grabs.   Crazy?

(Hidden)

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 10:24:20 am »

I'm still upset about this death. Singing in the Rain is a perennial classic, and Debbie deserved a better fate.

(Hidden)

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 09:56:07 pm »

Debbie and Carrie did have their moment -- placed together, of course -- during this week's Emmys roll-call of In Memoriam.   blow nose

(Hidden)

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 07:49:49 am »

Debbie and Carrie did have their moment -- placed together, of course -- during this week's Emmys roll-call of In Memoriam.   blow nose

Emmy Awards are about television shows.  To my recollection, Debbie Reynolds was a big star of movies and stage productions.  Carrie Fisher was a big star of movies.  But neither had anything to do with television. 
It has always bothered me that awards shows exploit the deaths of celebrities for ratings.  It's even more disgusting when some celebrities only get a tiny bit of applause while other's get roars of applause and cheers - as if they are being "graded". 

I can't think of any current TV shows worthy of any award. 

I'm surprised they could find time to do the memorial or give out the awards in between making attacks on President Trump. 
If I was receiving an award, I would be highly pissed off that time was spent on people's political rants.
If I was the one producing the awards show, I would warn the presenters that if they abused the forum to present their own political views, they would be banned from all future award shows.

(Hidden)
Warned

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2017, 01:06:27 pm »

I can't think of any current TV shows worthy of any award. 
[/quote]

My young friend, Blind I'd like to introduce you to my two best friends Game of Thrones and Westworld.

If you're up for a little group action might I suggest Arrow, The Flash, Gotham, Supergirl (only season 2), and Legends of Tomorrow.

Or, if you'd like to see a real man in action take on Daredevil Seasons one and two.

I could go on.

(Hidden)

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 02:13:18 am »

Debbie Reynolds, like many women actors of her era, had fewer quality movie parts to choose from as she grew older.  From the 1980s onward, she was a cast member or guest star on well-known television shows.  Of particular gay interest, on Will & Grace she played Bobbi Adler, mother of Grace (Deborah Messing), for seven years.  Her episodic TV appearances include The Golden Girls and Roseanne.

Reynolds also starred in numerous films made for television, and as recently as 2013 she played Liberace’s mother, Frances, in the critically acclaimed HBO biopic, Behind the Candelabra.

Carrie Fisher, beloved Star Wars icon, also had a varied career in television as a writer and performer.  She was featured in episodes of Sex and the City, Entourage, 30 Rock and The Big Bang Theory.  As an animation voice actor on Family Guy, she played Peter Griffin’s boss, Angela, from 2005 to 2017.

Complete details on the film and television work of Debbie and Carrie, respectively, at imdb.com:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001666/?ref_=nv_sr_1

and

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000402/?ref_=nv_sr_1

(Hidden)

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2017, 05:13:27 am »

This is so sadddd. Especially will and grace is back.  I miss her. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: