Some “simple” things I’ve never been able to do.
Hello September 19, 2018, 01:36:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some “simple” things I’ve never been able to do.  (Read 2060 times)
(Hidden)

« on: January 28, 2017, 06:09:59 pm »

There are many things that people routinely and effortlessly do, which others find difficult, if not impossible to carry out. Huh?

I’m not talking about anything like learning a foreign language, playing an instrument, or running a marathon--things requiring countless hours of studying or training.

These would be more of the mundane variety--skip a stone, rub your belly and tap your head at the same time, and of course…ride a bicycle--things that might require some coordination, but can be mastered in a relatively short period of time.

My list could easily go one without much thought, but these five come to mind first…

1. “Roll” my tongue--I could never get those double "r” words down in junior high Spanish class.

2. Juggle--My mom always made it look so easy.

3. Whistle--When I was a kid I could do the fingers-in-the-mouth one, but never the “Just put your lips together and blow.”

4. “Hop” my car--Never could get that rhythm going when I had my “lo-lo” back in the day.

5. Swim…sad, but true--The other four, I could give or take, but swimming is something I definitely would love to be more adept at. I can “backstroke” without any real difficulty, and I’m pretty much okay with some goggles.

That being said--I’ve never been able to tread water, or do the turn your head and breathe-thing. I need to be able to touch the bottom or something after my breath runs out.

So, is there something like that for you--something that it seems everybody can do, except you?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 01:30:43 am by (Hidden) » Logged
1x Grin

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 06:29:25 pm »

well I understand. Being Asperger I'm quite clumsy. I tried to learn the piano for 4 years couldn't. drums, guitar same. Cant control 2 hands / feet. Even learning to drive ( coz over here you got manual shift) was very difficult.
Now everybody can do social things. I can't.

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 10:29:21 pm »

i can't do most of them either

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 02:02:00 pm »

say love to my dad when he is alive

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 04:21:53 pm »

Eye contact.
I can't keep eye contact. Almost everyone I know are gods at the game of oculesics. Me, on the other hand, avert my gaze so often and stare for too long.  petrified

"A witty saying proves nothing."
- Voltaire
(Hidden)

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 04:49:23 pm »

I feel your struggle with juggling. Took me years to find out how it works. Unfortunately it is quite hard to explain to someone even if he seems to do everything right. At some point it just worked.

(Hidden)

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 05:07:57 pm »

3. Whistle--When I was a kid I could do the fingers-in-the-mouth one, but never the “Just put your lips together and blow.”

5. Swim…sad, but true--The other four, I could give or take, but swimming is something I definitely would love to be more adept at. I can “backstroke” without any real difficulty, and I’m pretty much okay with some goggles.

I don't know how to whistle either, fingers-in-the-mouth or that Lauren Bacall thing  Cheesy

Luckily I'm a fairly moderate swimmer  Wink

(Hidden)

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 05:41:26 pm »

I never mastered how to jump rope, or do a handstand....  Blinking

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short.
But shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying and confusing.
(Hidden)

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 02:36:33 am »

I can't ride a bike and I can't snap my fingers =/

(Hidden)

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 03:58:54 am »

Drive a car, or to own a car to begin with.

(Hidden)

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 04:09:48 am »

There's a kind of "old wives tale" that gay men cannot whistle - I always found that funny - because I barely can.

I cannot do a handstand either lol - never could

my god.. i can't snap my fingers either.. never could..starting to feel nuts lol

All the world is waiting for you and the power you possess
(Hidden)

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 07:18:32 am »

Ride a bike. Impossible feat.
Driving a car - well, I can, but ten minutes into driving and my mind wanders off, I stop paying attention. Not a good thing while driving a car.

(Hidden)

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2017, 03:48:41 am »

Whistle
Use a can opener
Burp on purpose (even if I really know that it would help me feel better)
Write in a perfectly straight line on a paper without lines
Shave without cutting
Keep eye contact when talking to someone

And many others!!
YAY TO CLUMSINESS!! Grin Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.