One Day at a Time
Hello October 21, 2018, 12:32:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One Day at a Time  (Read 1328 times)
(Hidden)

« on: February 04, 2017, 10:47:22 am »

Is anyone watching this show on Netflix?  I didn't think I would like it but I really do.  It's from Normal Lear.  Despite being 94 years old this man is very in touch with America.  There is a gay theme to the show.  I don't want to spoil anything for those that haven't watched.  The show also deals with veterans issues, multi-generational families, immigrant deportation, and a whole lot of other social issues.  It's very funny and a really heart warming show.  I loved it.

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 03:49:33 am »

And Rita Moreno!

Honestly I checked out because I do not remember the original at all fondly and was sort of a what the actual frack is Netflix thinking.  Norman Lear didn't really have much to do with this version though, more like spiritual guide, Gloria Calderon Kellett and Mike Royce wrote and developed this version.

I am sort of ashamed to say the original Schneider was an early man crush of mine (jeans & white t-shirt still do a number on me) but this Schneider I will openly plan a kidnapping of with any willing accomplices.

One more time:  AND RITA MORENO!

Available for your party

• Angela Merkel impersonator
  • Bareback Sock Puppet artist
  • Registered Taint Masseuse
  • President of The Mangela Handsbury Fan Club 
  • Reformed swallower of swords
  • Retired (for the most part, not accepting new clients) Pimp
(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 01:52:14 am »

I can't believe she is 85!  She looks amazing and still moves like a 40 year old!

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 02:28:08 am »

Thanks for the reco- I'm always up to try a new Netflix series.
This one slipped past me. I got into Santa Clarita Diet first.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short.
But shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying and confusing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: