How do you make gay friends in your 30's?
Hello September 21, 2017, 08:51:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you make gay friends in your 30's?  (Read 2070 times)
(Hidden)

« on: March 07, 2017, 06:30:43 pm »

Because it's so hard to find a long lasting relationship, I feel that having close gay friends in your life is very important. Yet in your 30s and also 40s, how do you make new ones? What were your experiences?

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 03:22:57 am »

When you find out, let me know. I've 33, never been social, so in grad school I met all my friends through school. Now I moved away and started a new job with colleagues that are in a different age bracket and in an environment that isn't conducive to making close friends, so I'm a fish out of water. I tried on Cragislist strictly platonic and either got guys who wanted sex, or disappeared after one round of email. Maybe I'll sign up for a legit dating service (as opposed to a hookup app) and pretend I'm looking for a lover to make some friends. lol

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 01:16:34 am »

i am in my 20's and I dont know how Sad

well, i'm very shy. i dont know what to do about that.

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 07:28:20 am »

Tell them you want to be lovers ten wait to get friend zoned Smiley

Id like more straight acting gay friends but hard to find so might be easier to go on a gay group then find the guy with similar interests.

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 09:47:52 pm »

It's always hard and to keep long lasting friendships. Good thumb of the rule is that you cannot force it and it cannot happen over the night so it is best to go with the flow. If you are in a new environment, it's best to be pro-active and seek out your hobbies and interests. Go out and about, try to mingle. Internet is the common medium these days to do all sorts of communication, and one advice is to use maybe a meetup.com up and seek some common interests. It's hard and you really need to make an effort, comfort zone is somwhere you cannot be.

(Hidden)

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 03:16:09 am »

30's here as well, also finding it difficult.

(Hidden)

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 11:46:44 am »

give me more ideas i will consider them when i am 30

(Hidden)

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 03:15:59 pm »

after turning 31 this year, this post is pretty relevant to me!
i met my best friend through okcupid about ten years ago*, and other friends through the scene.

initially, i was flirting with him subtly and he was like "all the guys on this website want is sex", which made me back down; we had a good match score, and he's insane, but we've been great friends for ages. i met guys through okcupid for dates and sex, but they weren't really that great; i would go for the high match scores and then find that we might be too similar, or something in person that didn't come across online.

ANYWAY, there are also some friends that i've made through grindr, but i've found that putting myself out there and showing up to things (like parties) can certainly grease the wheel.
i feel like commonality is a good foundation and that someone who's consistent with their first impression will make a good friend. friendship is a collaborative effort.
lastly, i've been reaching out occasionally to people on facebook that i don't often see in person. i feel like i have a greater amount of acquaintances than close friends.

(Hidden)

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 05:10:58 am »

try planetromeo.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled