The Process of Coming Out
Hello November 18, 2017, 03:30:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Process of Coming Out  (Read 661 times)
(Hidden)

« on: March 16, 2017, 02:37:03 am »

I haven't come out yet, do you have any ideas on how to do it the right way?

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 07:46:32 pm »

I think its about the right person to come out to

(Hidden)
Muted

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 06:12:24 am »

I think its about the right person to come out to

Second..

with love.

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 01:37:26 am »

I came out to my close friends first, but haven't to my family yet..

(Hidden)
Muted

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 10:14:24 pm »

I came out to my close friends first, but haven't to my family yet..

Not yet?

Roll Eyes

(Hidden)
Warned

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 11:24:44 pm »

There are four groups to whom we come out:

Ourselves.
Our family.
Our friends.
Our community.

Then there's the fact that we come out daily, pretty much, meaning that when we step out with our bf into public or correct someone's pronoun usage we are coming out to the strangers around us.

There's no correct order except that we tend to come out to ourselves first. (There are people who's family or freinds tell them, or to whom passers-by assume for you but that's a little different.)

If you've come out to yourself and you don't know who to trust next the I suggest coming out to your community. Find the LGBT center near you, take part in an LGBT themed event (baseball game, picnic, social group), go to the gay ghetto near you and sit in a coffee shop. In the community, most everyone will empathize with you. (There's always a bitchy queen out there who doesn't pay them no mind.) Places like West Hollywood and Castro are "safe spaces".

Going to a bar or club is another way to come out to your community but the vibe is very different and alcohol is involved, that might work for you, that might not.

1x Thumb Up

(Hidden)
Muted

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 06:55:52 am »

There are four groups to whom we come out:

Ourselves.
Our family.
Our friends.
Our community.

Then there's the fact that we come out daily, pretty much, meaning that when we step out with our bf into public or correct someone's pronoun usage we are coming out to the strangers around us.

There's no correct order except that we tend to come out to ourselves first. (There are people who's family or freinds tell them, or to whom passers-by assume for you but that's a little different.)

If you've come out to yourself and you don't know who to trust next the I suggest coming out to your community. Find the LGBT center near you, take part in an LGBT themed event (baseball game, picnic, social group), go to the gay ghetto near you and sit in a coffee shop. In the community, most everyone will empathize with you. (There's always a bitchy queen out there who doesn't pay them no mind.) Places like West Hollywood and Castro are "safe spaces".

Going to a bar or club is another way to come out to your community but the vibe is very different and alcohol is involved, that might work for you, that might not.

angel

1x Thumb Up

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled