Opting out of the "Notify" choice with a forum topic...PLEASE help
Hello December 13, 2017, 04:06:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Opting out of the "Notify" choice with a forum topic...PLEASE help  (Read 437 times)
(Hidden)

« on: April 02, 2017, 01:54:03 pm »

Is there a way to "opt-out" of being notified about a topic getting a new reply?

I can't seem to "unsubscribe" to a topic that I definitely don't want to be notified about anymore. It got tiring in a hurry, and doesn't seem to be getting any better to me. Huh?

Of course it's one of the more popular topics so it always appears in the list of "...new replies to your posts"--just like those unwanted e-mails one gets once you get on the "list"--this topic getting treated the same way I treat my "junk" e-mail. I pretty much get rid of it without checking it out.

So I would really appreciate some help with that "Notify" option and forum topics

Thank you.

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 08:28:14 am »

There are two possibilities:

a) in the blue right hand side menu bar just above a topic's first post in the forum (being on that topic), click "Notify". That works as a toggle switch and set it of if on.

b) the Forum is a site embedded in the main site and therefore you've got there a 'forum' Profile with settings for the Forum.

Go there by clicking on PROFILE in the grey menu bar below the header welcoming you in the Forum. There is an option in the left hand side navigation column 'Notifications and Email'. I think the options on that page are well enough explained so you'll find your way.

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 07:30:08 pm »

a) in the blue right hand side menu bar just above a topic's first post in the forum (being on that topic), click "Notify". That works as a toggle switch and set it of if on.

b) the Forum is a site embedded in the main site and therefore you've got there a 'forum' Profile with settings for the Forum.

Go there by clicking on PROFILE in the grey menu bar below the header welcoming you in the Forum. There is an option in the left hand side navigation column 'Notifications and Email'. I think the options on that page are well enough explained so you'll find your way.

On a forum profile screen there was the option to "Unsubscribe" along with the list of posts.

I selected the item, then clicked the "Unsubscribe" option.

The item still showed up in my "new replies"--but it no longer appears as one of the listed on that forum profile screen.

Clicking the item and checking the "NOTIFY" option in the blue bar asked if I was sure I wanted to "enable" notification, and I selected the "Cancel" option--which is how things are set right now.

I'll wait to see what happens.

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 09:43:33 pm »

On a forum profile screen there was the option to "Unsubscribe" along with the list of posts.

The item still showed up in my "new replies"--but it no longer appears as one of the listed on that forum profile screen.

Clicking the item and checking the "NOTIFY" option in the blue bar asked if I was sure I wanted to "enable" notification, and I selected the "Cancel" option--which is how things are set right now.

So, it was/is not one of the current topic notifications listed on that forum profile screen, and it still showed/shows up in the "new replies"--and as mentioned above...

"Clicking the item and checking the "NOTIFY" option in the blue bar asked if I was sure I wanted to "enable" notification, and I selected the "Cancel" option--which is how things are set right now." Sad

Re.: The last mentioned from above...

"Clicking the item and checking the "NOTIFY" option in the blue bar asked if I was sure I wanted to "enable" notification, and I selected the "Cancel" option--which is how things are set right now."

That was yesterday.

Today, the item appeared again, but this time clicking "NOTIFY" on the blue bar asked if I was sure I wanted to "disable"--and I selected the one that translated to Fuck yeah!

...see what happens.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 04:59:03 pm by (Hidden) » Logged

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 06:21:07 pm »

So, it was/is not one of the current topic notifications listed on that forum profile screen, and it still showed/shows up in the "new replies"--and as mentioned above...

"Clicking the item and checking the "NOTIFY" option in the blue bar asked if I was sure I wanted to "enable" notification, and I selected the "Cancel" option--which is how things are set right now." Sad

Re.: The last mentioned from above...

"Clicking the item and checking the "NOTIFY" option in the blue bar asked if I was sure I wanted to "enable" notification, and I selected the "Cancel" option--which is how things are set right now."

That was yesterday.

Today, the item appeared again, but this time clicking "NOTIFY" on the blue bar asked if I was sure I wanted to "disable"--and I selected the one that translated to Fuck yeah!

...see what happens.

Well that sucked...that THING still showed up! Angry

In spite of not being listed on the particular forum profile screen, and giving the OK to disable the notification by way of "NOTIFY" on the blue bar at the topic--It still shows up! I give up. Huh?

Time for the HelpDesk. Cheesy

(Hidden)

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 05:45:35 am »

How have things tourned out?

Tongue

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.