Not sure about this.. but I think this is how it works in England / Parliament
Hello November 22, 2017, 11:08:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not sure about this.. but I think this is how it works in England / Parliament  (Read 161 times)
(Hidden)

« on: June 09, 2017, 03:55:31 am »

I'm not 100% sure about this...
But I think that in parliamentary structured governments, one does not directly vote for a leader (such as when Trump won the US election over the evil, corrupt Hillary Clinton), but instead people vote for a party, and the leader of that party is the Prime Minister.

In the UK election, Elizabeth May was expecting (like Hillary) to win by 20%.  Instead, it looks like May's party lost quite a few seats in parliament, but will still maintain the majority.. so the Conservatives will remain in power. 

HOWEVER.. because of the results.. I would expect that the Conservative Party replaces Elizabeth May with a different conservative.  Which is fine by me.. because Elizabeth May is too weak to be effective.   Meanwhile, the guy that gained a lot of seats in the UK is a major lunatic out of the mold of senile old Bernie Sanders.
1x Thumb Down 1x Thumb Up

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 07:58:09 am »

Theresa May    Cool

YES, you vote for your MP/party, not the leader of the country. 

Corbyn is a horrible leader for any party other than maybe the communist party.     He said he said he wouldn't use nukes, even as they are flying toward the UK.     He's (and his top 2 people) a terrorist love.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: