Blue Heart Symbol/Reputation
Hello September 23, 2017, 02:14:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Heart Symbol/Reputation  (Read 93 times)
(Hidden)

« on: June 12, 2017, 04:03:48 pm »

Question regarding clicking the blue heart symbol and reputation...

Does selecting to disagree with a member's post have any negative impact on that member?

What I wanted to do was do the reputation thing, giving the member whatever good comes as a result because I liked his comment--it made me laugh.

The thing is, it was one of those asking if you "do" or "don't"--our feelings on the topic not in agreement.

So, I'm not sure what would happen selecting the "disagree" option. Of course, I would also be including a message about what I liked about the post, but I'm concerned the disagree option will give the guy a "thumbs-down" or something negative attributed to the post.

Anyway, hope that make some sense, and I'd really appreciate any insight on this.

Thank you.  
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 04:13:08 pm by (Hidden) » Logged

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 05:38:54 pm »

Unlike the "thumbs down" icon, wherein, the author of the posted topic/replied post cannot determine who gave him the thumbs down/up. In the reputation, once you've clicked the "I agree", the reputation of that member will increase and the " I disagree" will decrease a member's reputation. But that member, will know who gave him that, the moment he click his Forum Profile (not the blue menu Profile), and then click "View reputation".

Although reputation sure looks good on member's forum profile, it has no bearing whatsoever.

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 06:26:44 pm »

" I disagree" will decrease a member's reputation.

So you can't reward a post that you like for whatever reason unless you also agree with the position of that post--sharing the same point of view.

That's too bad seeing that it's not uncommon to disagree with something and still appreciate it for what its worth...oh wellHuh?

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 04:51:43 am »

I think the choice of wording that was used perhaps may have lost something in the translation. I would be inclined to suggest perhaps changing the wording that is used to make the purpose of said button a little more clear?

The only difference between martyrdom and suicide is press coverage!

"Education is all we have left when we have forgotten everything we learned in school." -- Albert Einstein
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: