Happy Pride Month to all celebrating! Being diverse is not perverse!
Hello November 23, 2017, 06:23:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Pride Month to all celebrating! Being diverse is not perverse!  (Read 1960 times)
(Hidden)

« on: June 14, 2017, 02:25:17 pm »

A little late seeing that it’s halfway into the month, but anyway…

Happy Pride Month to all celebrating! (…and don’t forget to celebrate safely)

Being diverse is not perverse!

Enjoy!

“Just A Bunch Of Really Good Parents Supporting Their Kids For Pride Month” -
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/just-a-bunch-of-really-good-parents-supporting-their-kids-for-pride-month_us_593eae61e4b0b13f2c6c7b5d

“How To Celebrate Pride Month Even If You’re As Straight As My 8th Grade Crush” - http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/a10017043/celebrate-pride-month-straight-ally/
4x Thumb Down 4x Thumb Up

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 11:45:24 pm »

I am definitely missing something here and hoping someone will enlighten me.

I'm unable to what aspect of my post is offensive or anything that warrants a "thumbs down"--let alone 3 of them.

Someone please fill me in because I am honestly clueless as to what the problem is. Huh?
4x Thumb Up 2x Thumb Down

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 11:57:13 pm »

Guess it's easier for them to celebrate being cock-suckers than actually doing something useful with their lives.
1x Question mark 1x Thumb Up

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 01:56:49 am »

I am definitely missing something here and hoping someone will enlighten me.

I'm unable to what aspect of my post is offensive or anything that warrants a "thumbs down"--let alone 3 of them.

Someone please fill me in because I am honestly clueless as to what the problem is. Huh?

...and now a "thumbs-down" for requesting a little help--oh, and of course no explanation behind it. Angry
3x Thumb Down 3x Thumb Up

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 10:45:16 am »

well I did put a thumbs down and I have the balls to tell it.
Why? because of that sentence that I hugely disagree with :
"Being diverse is not perverse!" . Diversity is the political correct word in my country for migrants and such. Also " being diverse" might include any kind of perversity ( pedophilia, incest etc) hence I find it very inappropriate.

Also I dont agree with " pride day" thing but still I wouldn't thumb down just for that. I think it does more damage than good in my opinion. ( at least in my country when we had gay marriage fight, people against used picture of "pride day"  on tweeter to say these people almost naked , in leather and all disgusting outfit couldn't raise children. I cant blame them for thinking that).
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 10:52:48 am by (Hidden) » Logged
4x Thumb Down 3x Thumb Up

(Hidden)

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 06:41:47 pm »

well I did put a thumbs down and I have the balls to tell it.
Why? because of that sentence that I hugely disagree with :
"Being diverse is not perverse!" . Diversity is the political correct word in my country for migrants and such. Also " being diverse" might include any kind of perversity ( pedophilia, incest etc) hence I find it very inappropriate.

Also I dont agree with " pride day" thing but still I wouldn't thumb down just for that. I think it does more damage than good in my opinion. ( at least in my country when we had gay marriage fight, people against used picture of "pride day"  on tweeter to say these people almost naked , in leather and all disgusting outfit couldn't raise children. I cant blame them for thinking that).
Well first off, thank you for explaining your reasons.

However not being from your country, and being fluent only in English, I communicate based on that in terms of grammar and definitions of words used in my communication, and according to Dictionary.com and the definition of “diverse”…

diverse [dih-vurs, dahy-, dahy-vurs]

adjective

1. of a different kind, form, character, etc.; unlike: a wide range of diverse opinions.

2. of various kinds or forms; multiform.

3. including representatives from more than one social, cultural, or economic group, especially members of ethnic or religious minority groups: a diverse student body.

So perhaps the next time, before you decide to “thumb” a post based on a word used in that post, maybe you should make sure that you totally understand the meaning and definition of the word--especially if it’s one that’s foreign to you.
4x Thumb Down 3x Thumb Up

(Hidden)

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 07:32:58 pm »

I stand by my point given your definition.
" being diverse" might include any kind of perversity ( pedophilia, incest etc) hence I find it very inappropriate.
sorry.
oh yeah btw, diverse , diversity derive from my own language ...
."quality of being diverse," mostly in a neutral sense, from Old French diversité
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=diversity
5x Thumb Down 3x Thumb Up

(Hidden)

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 08:59:40 pm »

I stand by my point given your definition.
" being diverse" might include any kind of perversity ( pedophilia, incest etc) hence I find it very inappropriate.
sorry.
oh yeah btw, diverse , diversity derive from my own language ...
."quality of being diverse," mostly in a neutral sense, from Old French diversité
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=diversity

Well, regardless and in spite of this dialogue between us--considering the subject of my particular post, I'm really not even sure why you responded to begin with since it obviously was not meant for you given your feelings on the matter.

You do see that it is directed and meant for "all celebrating"--and I'm pretty sure you're not one of those celebrating.

So it doesn't really seem to make much sense that you should have problem with something that personally doesn't even pertain to you...does it? Huh?

Regarding your mentioning--"...oh yeah btw, diverse , diversity derive from my own language"--well I have to say I am impressed! It's not often I find one whose native language is Latin.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 09:44:47 pm by (Hidden) » Logged
3x Thumb Up 3x Thumb Down

(Hidden)

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 10:06:44 pm »

I'm really not even sure why you responded to begin with since it obviously was not meant for you given your feelings on the matter.

and of course no explanation behind it. Angry

you ask why people put a thumb down to your post hence I replied out of decency.  EOD.
5x Thumb Down 3x Thumb Up

(Hidden)

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 11:33:17 pm »

I'm really not even sure why you responded to begin with since it obviously was not meant for you given your feelings on the matter.

"...I replied out of decency.  EOD."

Still doesn't explain why you replied to begin with since it clearly and specifically is acknowledging "all celebrating"--period  Huh?
4x Thumb Up 3x Thumb Down

(Hidden)

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 01:24:21 am »

Taking Pride...

‘The LGBTQAlphabet…’ - https://www.gaytorrent.ru/details.php?returnto=%2Fmytorrents.php&id=f160aaca60e50e1bffef56667042f8ed9a3c376c8aacad6a

Enjoy!

« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 11:46:00 am by (Hidden) » Logged
2x Thumb Down 1x Thumb Up

(Hidden)

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 05:31:54 am »

Wow!

With only one explanation behind it, not only am I wondering what it is about my topic and posts that has them earning “thumbs-down” ratings--the fact that they’re there at all is puzzling.

Noting the celebration of an event that recognizes and supports a “diverse” group of individuals in a message--that message specifically addressing just a selection of those individuals--meant only for those celebrating.

It’s like wishing a happy birthday to someone celebrating one, and getting a backlash from anyone hating birthday celebrations, or having a birthday that falls on a different date. It just doesn’t make any sense--does it? Huh?
1x Thumb Up 1x Thumb Down

(Hidden)

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 02:07:38 pm »

Wow!

With only one explanation behind it, not only am I wondering what it is about my topic and posts that has them earning “thumbs-down” ratings--the fact that they’re there at all is puzzling.

Noting the celebration of an event that recognizes and supports a “diverse” group of individuals in a message--that message specifically addressing just a selection of those individuals--meant only for those celebrating.

It’s like wishing a happy birthday to someone celebrating one, and getting a backlash from anyone hating birthday celebrations, or having a birthday that falls on a different date. It just doesn’t make any sense--does it? Huh?

Okay--obviously something is definitely wrong--my most recent post getting “the thumb” from another Pride Month celebrant.

It was not intended to offend anyone--especially one celebrating. Having no forethought of any negative reaction to a post saluting and supporting--specifically addressing--those celebrating, it truly is disturbing to find that far from being the case.

I do appreciate the explanation posted by gaypraha2 and mean no offense when I say it’s a poor one, my reasons noted and supported in replies posted--one from the same source referenced in gaypraha2's explanation--correctly cited.

Even factoring in the probability of any retaliatory thumbing, the question remains. I have no idea of why the reaction, which is surprising when it appears that, in general, I think most posts go unrated.

Unable to see a problem with the topic and posts and nothing telling me otherwise--having no desire in discounting those seeing things differently, I have to say it’s simply a matter miscommunication or misunderstanding.

Still, to those celebrating--giving the “thumbs-down”--I am truly sorry that you have an issue with the post.

Now, if you’re not “celebrating” and giving “the thumb”--well, WTF are you responding for anyway? After all, the topic is addressed and clearly states “…to all celebrating!”--which doesn’t include you--does it? Huh?

1x Cheesy 1x Thumb Down

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled