Problems with the 300 second Rule
Hello December 12, 2017, 07:17:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with the 300 second Rule  (Read 126 times)
(Hidden)

« on: July 11, 2017, 02:59:33 am »

Recently a rule prohibiting posting in the forum more frequently than every five minutes (300 seconds).  While agree with the concept, I have two major problems with it.
The first seems to be a bug.  When using MAC Os and Chrome, if I try to post prematurely, I get a warning and when clicking the link back, my post's text is still in the window.  When using a Windows 10 platform with Internet Explorer, the text in the window is erased.
The second is  more general problemNot only are posts prohibited in that 300 second period, but you cannot save as adraft and cannot submit a report to the moderator.  This makes the forum very onerous to use.

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 02:59:58 am »

Thank you for bringing this up. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. We have made some changes, which should take care of this problem for now.

The only difference between martyrdom and suicide is press coverage!

"Education is all we have left when we have forgotten everything we learned in school." -- Albert Einstein
(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 05:14:53 am »

It looks like the rule has been put on hold for now.

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 09:06:09 am »

Sadly, the rule change has to wait until the maker of the forum software fixes the bug. 

We wouldn't need the rule change if people would stop spamming for bonus points. 
1x Thumb Up

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled