Do childless people ever regret not having children..?
Hello August 18, 2018, 03:20:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do childless people ever regret not having children..?  (Read 1420 times)
(Hidden)
Muted

« on: September 15, 2017, 11:54:47 pm »

What do you believe about this issue:

Do childless people ever regret not having children when they become old and need help?

Undecided

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 06:29:13 am »

Not from what I have seen. But it all depends on who they are around.
1x Thumb Up

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 06:34:01 am »

From my perspective, those who have children -- even partly as an insurance policy for their own elder care -- is a sad reason, indeed.

I don't have children.  I don't want children.  I'm a bit too eccentric to provide the constant oversight and sacrifice required.  I enjoy the company of some of my friend's kids at parties, especially if they're thoughtful and bright for their age.

And I'm saving enough money for retirement so that I've got a spare bedroom for a private-duty nurse, if ever the need may arise.

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 01:24:51 pm »

From my perspective, those who have children -- even partly as an insurance policy for their own elder care -- is a sad reason, indeed.

I don't have children.  I don't want children.  I'm a bit too eccentric to provide the constant oversight and sacrifice required.  I enjoy the company of some of my friend's kids at parties, especially if they're thoughtful and bright for their age.

And I'm saving enough money for retirement so that I've got a spare bedroom for a private-duty nurse, if ever the need may arise.

Agreed! 110%. It is a poor reason to have children. Sadly there are people who have children when a) They are not ready or B) Have not thought it through properly c) have them for the wrong reasons. I had better stop talking or this is going to be a huge rant.
1x Thumb Up

Mattb36469
The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you’re hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward
(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 04:11:03 am »

you don’t get the idea of having children. not only for elder cares. it’s all about heir. you genes and wealth. some part of you will keep living by the policy. no one wants to endup with lonely and life stops forever.

(Hidden)

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 07:37:29 pm »

you don’t get the idea of having children. not only for elder cares. it’s all about heir. you genes and wealth. some part of you will keep living by the policy. no one wants to endup with lonely and life stops forever.

I am offering a personal opinion on having children.  You are also offering a personal opinion, but you are framing it as an absolute truth and negatively judging people who are making different life choices than yours in the process.  I "get the idea" very well, thank you.

My life is anything but lonely, and our overpopulated world can survive without my creating an unwanted child.  For your information, there are many of us who are opting not to have children, and our "lives are not stopping forever."

(Hidden)

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 03:37:18 am »

The people I know who chose not to and have children have no regrets.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: