Man arrested for touching another man in Saudi Arabia
Hello November 23, 2017, 12:19:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Man arrested for touching another man in Saudi Arabia  (Read 31 times)
(Hidden)
Warned

« on: October 23, 2017, 01:45:36 am »

With all the talk about sexual harassment/rape what happened to this man is really interesting to me.

1. He was drinking in a country where alcohol is forbidden.

2. He touched a man on the hip -- who decided to bring the police into the situation isn't stated.

3. He's already been condemned by the people.

I think most people will look at this and (correctly) see how ridiculous this all is. At the same time, Western people are quick to attack each other for using the wrong pronoun, culturally appropriating something, or just saying that they've been made uncomfortable for something appearing sexual (not that we need proof anymore).

It's easy to point a knowing finger at Saudia Arabia but we've become more like them that we're willing to admit.

Thoughts?

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 03:29:37 am »

With all the talk about sexual harassment/rape what happened to this man is really interesting to me.

1. He was drinking in a country where alcohol is forbidden.

2. He touched a man on the hip -- who decided to bring the police into the situation isn't stated.

I think most people will look at this and (correctly) see how ridiculous this all is. At the same time, Western people are quick to attack each other for using the wrong pronoun, culturally appropriating something, or just saying that they've been made uncomfortable for something appearing sexual (not that we need proof anymore).

It's easy to point a knowing finger at Saudia Arabia but we've become more like them that we're willing to admit.

Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzGnX-MbYE4

(Hidden)
Warned

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 05:33:47 am »

That you know that song endears you to me.  hugging

But to topic, change the wording to what I wrote just a bit and we get:

1. S/He was underage drinking in a country where alcohol is forbidden.

2. He touched a woman/man on the hip -- who decided to bring the police into the situation isn't stated.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: