Teacher suspended for accidentally calling a trans boy 'a girl' in class.
Hello November 23, 2017, 12:13:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Teacher suspended for accidentally calling a trans boy 'a girl' in class.  (Read 27 times)
(Hidden)

« on: November 14, 2017, 04:39:51 pm »

Article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5077183/Christian-teacher-suspended-calling-trans-boy-girl.html

Youtube video of an interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQXwmw2TWpc

So basically, a Christian teacher congratulated a group of students for their hard work with a generic 'good work girls', but amonst them a trans student felt aggravated (even if the teacher promptly apologized) and the issue was reported by the parents 6 weeks later.

The teacher is under investigation now but it seems to be devolving into a witch hunt, now he alledges is because he's a Christian and have given examples of how he was put down by the school several times, including his Bible group cancelled when he defined marriage as something betwen a man and a woman.

Honestly, the fact that he's a Christian and his views on what marriage is doesn't offend me in the slightest (of course, a Christian would define marriage as solely between man and woman)  But as I wrote above, this whole thing has turned into a snowball of accusations and finger pointing, just because a little special trans snowflake.  The dude apologized and the issue was brought up to the headmaster SIX WEEKS LATER!

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 10:21:09 am »

If he wants to express his religious views to students, under UK law, he could do that at a religious school. 
1x Thumb Up

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 03:36:54 pm »

If he wants to express his religious views to students, under UK law, he could do that at a religious school. 

Oh didn't know that! In that regard UK schools are the same as Mexican ones.

Still, considering what's going on, it is a snowball of accusations: one part goes: 'He offended me because I'm xx', then the accused part goes: 'They're after me because I'm a yy' and it goes on and on.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: