Disney show Andi Mack establishes a gay main character! Do you think it be good?
Hello December 13, 2017, 04:07:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disney show Andi Mack establishes a gay main character! Do you think it be good?  (Read 48 times)
(Hidden)

« on: November 22, 2017, 08:54:16 am »

I think this is a good start for Disney but I think they won't use the word homosexual or gay or anything like that!

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 05:55:37 am »

It's Disney so I'd not expect anything more than just a very small hint there.

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 12:40:17 pm »

I think this is a good start for Disney but I think they won't use the word homosexual or gay or anything like that!

I think they'll wait for the public opinion, and will make him "gayer" or "straight-acting" according to carefully planned polls... I'm just tired of the old sassy-best-friend cliché, so anything other than that it's ok with me.

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 04:53:13 pm »

I'm finding the BIG announcements about gay characters to be uninteresting.  While other things that are much more inclusive are under the radar.

The Orville has a gay male couple as one of the central relationships on the show.  The main character came out as bisexual in episode 9.
Modern Doctor Who has gay and bisexual characters including Captain Jack Harkness who was the lead on a spin-off where all the main characters were canon bisexual.  Lost Girl had the title character as a bisexual woman.  Midnight Texas had an angel in a relationship with a demon.

Disney's BIG gay reveal in the summer, one of the men in Beauty and the Beast looked at another man. 

I don't have expectations.

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 08:31:55 pm »

Disney and gay representation? Please...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: