Race Preferences in Dating
Hello February 20, 2018, 03:00:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Race Preferences in Dating  (Read 44 times)
(Hidden)

« on: February 11, 2018, 03:45:04 pm »

If you still don’t understand why your “preferences” are racist, this video might help explain

In a new episode of MTV Decoded, Dylan Marron tackles an ongoing problem in the gay community: racism. Particularly, the sexual racism found on dating apps.

“When gay men are confronted with their racist language, many try to explain it away as ‘a preference.’” Marron says. “I mean, they can’t help it, it’s just how they feel. As if they were captive to some mystical, romantic force that naturally discriminates against people of color.”

Sound familiar?

Before you get all defensive, why not hear what Marron has to say?

He continues:

This is where structural racism comes into play. Because preferences are actually shaped by learned values. When you’re judging a person based solely on their racial background, you’re acting on generalizations you’ve learned to associate with that person’s appearance or heritage. You can’t say it’s their personality because you shut them down before you even got to know them.

Link: https://www.queerty.com/still-dont-understand-preferences-racist-video-might-help-explain-20180209

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 05:58:44 pm »

I think there's a difference between racism and preference. To prefer a certain type of men doesn't mean you can't be attracted to someone who doesn't fit all your standards.
I personnally prefer white men, but sometimes I found a black, asian, or middle eastern guy very sexy. I'm just more often attracted by white guys. Just as I prefer brown hair guys doesn't mean i can't being attracted by a blond or red head guy. It's not racism it's just preference. 

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 05:58:35 am »

Now that I think about it, I guess it is a bit racist. You can call it a preference, but it still is racist.

I mean, if a store had a big open sign and it said "Open To All" "But we prefer whites". That would be racist.

people have preferences in everything we do but how we express it is what can make someone come across as a bigot or not.

But on this site, I guess its kind of hard.
Judging by the torrent descriptions, many of our members can't tell the difference between black, middle eastern, latino or Asian.

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 09:37:04 am »

Like everything else in the west, it's only racist when whites do it. 

As MTV Decoded and all the SJWs tell us, only whites can be racist.       

1x Thumb Down

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 08:41:25 am »

each person has his own preference, mabye bigotry to some but its really a matter of preference

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: