Texas transgender wrestler Mack Beggs wins second straight title, draws mixed re
Hello June 25, 2018, 06:21:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas transgender wrestler Mack Beggs wins second straight title, draws mixed re  (Read 180 times)
(Hidden)

« on: February 26, 2018, 06:02:53 pm »

A transgender male wrestler won his second-straight Texas girls’ 6A 110-pound division title on Sunday.

Mack Beggs, who is an 18-year-old senior at Euless Trinity High School just north of Arlington, Texas, entered the state tournament last week with a perfect record. On Sunday, he beat Chelsea Sanchez — who he also beat in the championship last season — to take the 110-pound title.

Fans had mixed reactions, and a loud chorus of boos could be heard when Beggs was named the state champion.

“It definitely felt different,” Beggs told the Dallas Morning News. “I felt a lot more humble. This year I wanted to prove a point that anyone can do anything. Even though I was put in this position, even though I didn’t want to be put in this position, even though I wanted to wrestle the guys, I still had to wrestle the girls.

“But what can I tell people? I can tell the State Legislature to change the policy, but I can’t tell them to change it right now. All I can hope for is that they come to their [senses] and realize this is stupid and we should change the policies to conform to other people in my position.”

Though he has repeatedly asked to wrestle in the boys’ devision, Beggs is forced to wrestle girls because, under University Interscholastic League rules, athletes must compete in the gender division that corresponds to their birth certificates.

Link: https://sports.yahoo.com/texas-transgender-wrestler-mack-beggs-wins-second-straight-title-draws-mixed-reactions-054852085.html

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 02:23:05 am »

Personally, I think they did it because in their dark, cold, empty hearts they were hoping to belittle him. It has kind-of backfired in their faces now. These redneck S.O.B.s still fail to see their own stupidity being a result of their own malevolent hatred.

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 11:43:31 am »

Personally, I think they did it because in their dark, cold, empty hearts they were hoping to belittle him. It has kind-of backfired in their faces now. These redneck S.O.B.s still fail to see their own stupidity being a result of their own malevolent hatred.

It's amazing how much hatred you can spew when you need bonus points from posting. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: