Funerals and memorials
Hello July 22, 2018, 04:24:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Funerals and memorials  (Read 930 times)
(Hidden)

« on: April 12, 2018, 04:49:10 am »

Today is Holocaust Memorial Day.  I performed a song in Yiddish and a song in Hebrew at my synagogue.
I've had three funerals in the last month - one of which I officiated.
I'm pretty close to burn out and figure this is a safe place to vent.

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 10:22:13 am »

I read in the newspaper that 66% of american 18-35 dont know what Auschwitz is against 41% of americans of all age, 52% american think Hitler took power by force as well. These numbers are frighting.
source New york times https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/12/us/holocaust-education.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&mtrref=t.co

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 01:25:05 pm »

If we don't know the past, how can we understand it?
If we don't understand the past, how can we understand the present?

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 06:59:37 am »

It's sad, but modern young people don't know anything but how to whine about everything.   

Back when Tony Blair was PM of the UK, they brought in Civics and there was a TV show hosted by John Prescott, the then Deputy PM.   Anyway, in the very first episode, they had 2 girls that got A*** (over exaggerated perfect score) in the class.   They had no idea who they were talking to and when asked, they said they thought he was Churchill.

Jamie Oliver did a TV series about kids eating healthy food and the kids had no idea what 90% of the stuff was, including common items like apple and potatoes.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: