Horror - Truth or Dare (has a gay character in it. Any good?)
Hello May 27, 2019, 11:05:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Horror - Truth or Dare (has a gay character in it. Any good?)  (Read 490 times)
(Hidden)

« on: April 23, 2018, 03:22:07 am »

I read a spoiler that there's a gay character in that horror movie with Teen Wolf Tyler Posey.  I just want to know if he's portrayed well or not?  Is he fey or made acceptable by being straight acting or whichever.  I hope he acquits himself well.

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 05:17:12 am »

I'll be candid - I'd prefer seeing a Fey character get taken seriously than yet another Str8 acting queer-by-inference character showing that it's OK to be Gay providing you act Str8 in public.

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 05:05:50 pm »

I'll be candid - I'd prefer seeing a Fey character get taken seriously than yet another Str8 acting queer-by-inference character showing that it's OK to be Gay providing you act Str8 in public.

Yes, exactly.  I'm not attracted to guys who are too effeminate but they should appear more in movies and TV shows to reflect who are really around in real life.

I'd like to see a badass fey character hero actually, hehe.

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 11:17:07 pm »

I think in this movie, the only characters that you can feel anything for are Brad (the gay young man) and Penelope (a strong woman and a great friend), the leads are too bland, the characters I mean, not the actors.

But it's not a good movie at all.

If you wanna watch a good movie, go for the british thriller: Truth or Dare AKA Truth or Die (2012), do not read anything about this movie, just watch it.

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 03:04:52 am »

A little late here.  The movie is great but the gay character is meh.  He isn't offensive but he's just sort of... there.   They need expendables and they try to give him some emotional pay off but it just wasn't that interesting.  The movie as a whole is great, albeit a bit fast.  The writer really knew what kind of story he was telling but the problem was he had too much stuff to pack into the movie which was already two hours.  If you pay attention to arcs the ending is amazing but they didn't pull it off well cinematically because of the lack of time.

(Hidden)

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 08:11:15 am »

I think John A's comment about a "gay character" is really on the mark, too.  As for the film, it's all been done before.

I vastly prefer Happy Death Day -- superior acting, fresher, and succeeds in alternating humor and genuine scares back and forth, throughout the film.

Truth or Dare is currently at 5.1 on IMDB .com, and I think that's a fair assessment, I'd probably give it a middle "4", lol.

(Hidden)

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 04:35:45 pm »

I'm planning on seeing Happy Death Day 2 tomorrow.  I couldn't make it on Valentine's Day. Cheesy
1x Thumb Up

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled