How to move on up from lurker?
Hello September 20, 2020, 11:30:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to move on up from lurker?  (Read 490 times)
(Hidden)

« on: May 20, 2018, 07:51:03 am »

I don't have any access to a computer so creating a torrent is outta the question. So like what are other things I have to do to move on up from lurker lol. I feel like I've been actively posting on these forms, so I'm not sure what else I could do to move me on up from the 'lurker' stage Crazy?, lmao.
1x Thumb Up

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 06:13:37 pm »

I donated and seed! SEED SEED police

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 02:03:44 pm »

I read it was something to do with number of forum posts.
I have forum posts enough to be a Full Member, but I'm still a lurker (I don't know why)

VocĂȘ Ă© TUGA ou HUE BR?
Do you wanna talk?
Me adiciona! Bora causar juntos.
(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 03:33:19 pm »

I have forum posts enough to be a Full Member, but I'm still a lurker (I don't know why)
It might have to do with the quality of a forum post--reading a joke and posting "Haha, that's funny" might not count.  The forum concept wants to encourage quality contributions, not mere spam.

That said, I'm not sure that member category matters:  As long as I can post, and read others' posts, I don't care what people call me.  And people have called me lots of things  Smiley

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 03:56:56 pm »

It might have to do with the quality of a forum post--reading a joke and posting "Haha, that's funny" might not count.  The forum concept wants to encourage quality contributions, not mere spam.

That said, I'm not sure that member category matters:  As long as I can post, and read others' posts, I don't care what people call me.  And people have called me lots of things  Smiley

I'm from portuguese forum, there is no jokes there, but an work of help each others (there's a lot of people with bad ratio because of the language barrier).
So (except for this night when I read a lot of jokes because boring) I think I have a lot of quality posts in portuguese, Spanish and english as well.

VocĂȘ Ă© TUGA ou HUE BR?
Do you wanna talk?
(Hidden)

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 05:30:05 pm »

It might have to do with the quality of a forum post--reading a joke and posting "Haha, that's funny" might not count.  The forum concept wants to encourage quality contributions, not mere spam.

That said, I'm not sure that member category matters:  As long as I can post, and read others' posts, I don't care what people call me.  And people have called me lots of things  Smiley

I've found this in the spanish forum:

ClassNumber of posts
Lurker0
Newbie3
Jr. Member50
Full Member100
Sr. Member250
Hero Member500 and above

I have 227 posts.
Even if half was "spamming" for lack of quality it still would be at the Full member level.
Unless there are more rule we don't know.

VocĂȘ Ă© TUGA ou HUE BR?
Do you wanna talk?
(Hidden)

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2020, 05:08:10 am »

I can assure you that is a forum glitch. I have notified the forum admin to correct it for you.
1x Thumb Up

The only difference between martyrdom and suicide is press coverage!

"Education is all we have left when we have forgotten everything we learned in school." -- Albert Einstein
(Hidden)

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2020, 01:15:40 pm »

I forgot how to fix this, so I have to forward it to Popper, since he was the one to figure out how to fix it. 

(Hidden)

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2020, 03:24:07 pm »

I forgot how to fix this, so I have to forward it to Popper, since he was the one to figure out how to fix it. 

Ok, I will wait Smiley

(250th post - Sr. Member now)

VocĂȘ Ă© TUGA ou HUE BR?
Do you wanna talk?
(Hidden)

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2020, 02:29:02 am »

IIRC, you go to the user's forum profile, then you go to edit their information, change nothing, and hit save.

I just don't think I can do it as I'm only GloMod and not forum Admin.

The only difference between martyrdom and suicide is press coverage!

"Education is all we have left when we have forgotten everything we learned in school." -- Albert Einstein
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: