Is it possible to date/hook up with guys while still in the closet?
Hello September 24, 2018, 01:35:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to date/hook up with guys while still in the closet?  (Read 145 times)
(Hidden)

« on: June 24, 2018, 05:58:18 pm »

I’m still in the closet to most people. Im trying to change that tough and come out to more people (it’s a process for me). A few weeks ago I went to a gay bar for the first time and had a great time. I chatted with other guys and got someone’s number, but it never led to anything serious.

That experience makes me think I’m capable of finding that special someone, but is it possible to do that while still being on the closet? Also, I’d like to give dating sites a try, but is it possible to use them if you’re not out to family and some friends?  Grindr for example?

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 04:05:48 pm »

Sure, people did it for hundreds of years and still do in parts of the world with backwards social policies.  police

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 05:09:15 am »

Don't forget about your significant other! In the cities I've been, which have been gay-friendly, some guys may only want to date guys who are out with their families. However, I am not at that stage yet either and some guys have rejected me for that reason.  Cry

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 04:34:45 am »

Coming out is a process and there's no one way to do it that fits everyone. If you're not comfortable coming out yet to some people in your life, then do it when you feel you're ready. Until then, there's nothing wrong with meeting people and dating. Just be sure to tell the person early in the relationship or dates that you're still in the closet, are working to change that, and be prepared to discuss it. If someone doesn't want to be with you because of it, well, you didn't lose anything. If they do like you though and want to work with you on it, then you've gained something. So go for it.

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 06:30:27 pm »

Sure, people did it for hundreds of years and still do in parts of the world with backwards social policies.  police

True

(Hidden)

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 01:36:30 pm »

Sure it's possible to date closeted guy. I certainly did in the past. In general, closeted people will eventually come out of the closet, especially if they are in a loving relationship. That usually helps them come out to family. So given that it's so hard to meet people, I wouldn't be picky about this issue.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: