Should we care about others and come out?
Hello October 22, 2018, 04:53:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should we care about others and come out?  (Read 195 times)
(Hidden)

« on: August 23, 2018, 12:02:20 pm »

Should we care about others and come out?

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 02:49:30 am »

Yes because you need to ask yourself if it's worth the discomfort of facing discrimination in minor or major ways in the public sphere.

Or even worse, jail or death in less civilized countries.

So don't just come out. Use your head and weight the costs against the benefits.

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 06:40:08 pm »

I think everyone faces that question in their own time and their own way. I agree there are some situations where you need to apply caution, not everyone is all that enlightened. But to the people who matter to you, if you feel strongly they need to know you have a choice to make. Be aware that not all relationships survive it, but the ones who do can grow closer than you ever imagined. It's been said "Be true to yourself", just keep in mind everyone's truth is different.

Most of the people who genuinely love you will not give it a second thought, as they know YOU didn't change. Some no matter how close they are you may never tell. you have to learn how to accept that too, especially since you are making that judgement. Keep in mind that there will always be a certain level of "don't ask don't tell" involved in your life depending on what your chosen profession is, mainly because you can't always control the ones you are surrounded by in such settings. You CAN however construct your best and most rewarding personal life, you CAN choose your friends.

I suggest if you have a particularly close open minded friend, you start with them. It can really help to have at least one supportive person with no axe to grind to help you sort things out. For me it was my adoptive older sister. Good luck with your decisions, I wish you the best.

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 04:38:22 pm »

Come out when you feel ready to come out.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: