May I advertise a gay-related forum here? How? In what section?
Hello August 08, 2020, 11:04:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: May I advertise a gay-related forum here? How? In what section?  (Read 325 times)
(Hidden)

« on: January 21, 2019, 04:02:25 pm »

Hello people  with love

I'm writing here because I have a doubt, may I advertise a gay forum? I mean it's allowed to invite users from the site in a public way (not PM or anything like that) via for example, a banner in my sign or creating a post here in the forum. I ask becase I have participated in other sites where you can't and I would hate to break the rules  Grin

If the answer is yes, how can I do it? A thread in the forum (where? what section?), a message in my user profile or in my sign? What is allowed?

I'm asking that because I'm part of a Spanish-speaking forum with a gay-theme (people post and discuss about photos and videos of sexy male celebrities, for example), which unfortunately have been struggling with the hosting (it even closed briefly from December to January) mainly because participation is not the same, even though the content is as good as always; so my idea is to advertise it to promote the discussion within that forum so it's busy and can get back to its feet. I wouldn't like it to close permanently because there aren't enough users as it is one the most important Spanish gay forums and has history (of many years). What makes the sitution worst it's that after the hiatus people weren't notified so many don't know it re opened.

Thanks it advance,

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 09:26:18 pm »

Well... This depends. If the site is an open registration where invites are not required, then I do not see why this would be a problem. If it is a site that requires invites, we do have a very strong policy against exchanging of, selling, or otherwise trading of invites.

As for the section, if it is primarily a Spanish speaking board, I would suggest that the best place may be the Spanish boards here. If you're looking for a more direct way of getting attention to the site, did you know that you can add it to Google yourself here --> https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6259634

It may be worth while to pass this information along to the site owners. Smiley

The only difference between martyrdom and suicide is press coverage!

"Education is all we have left when we have forgotten everything we learned in school." -- Albert Einstein
(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 02:57:02 pm »

Thanks MrMazda for your answer  Hug
Regarding your doubt no, you don't need to be invited to register in that forum, you just go the website and select the option regustration so every body can have an account there.

I also appreciate your suggestion but actually I think it already appears on Google  Wink

I will follow your advise and write a post inviting users from here (both in Spanish and English) to check the forum out and why not register there!

Again thanks !!!

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 08:24:10 am »

As the forum admin, I have zero problems with you advertising the other site. 

Put one in the Spanish section and the other in Chat,
1x Thumb Up

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled