Passive Excercise: Does it work?
Hello August 14, 2020, 02:20:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Passive Excercise: Does it work?  (Read 2280 times)
(Hidden)

« on: January 27, 2019, 09:38:24 pm »

body vibration machines, electronic ab stimulators etc.
Has anyone tried them. Does it worth spending money on them?

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 06:40:59 pm »

No, I would not spend my money on them.

If they would work, it would be big news and everybody would have them I guess.

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 12:54:57 am »

There was one passive machine in a gym I used to go to which seemed to work by vibration.  It was interesting and I tried it 2 or 3 times but it seemed to have no impact on fat burning or muscle stores.  I wouldn't buy one.

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 12:45:57 am »

To massage, yes probably works but as an actual exercise device? Nope.

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 01:44:02 am »

Complete waste of money. If you want anything in relation to helping your muscles recovery, buy a massage gun and use correctly.

(Hidden)

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 04:35:04 am »

The only passive exercises I know are passive range of motion exercises and they're only good enough to prevent muscle atrophy. not weight loss and muscle gain. and passive rom are done on comatose patients.

(Hidden)

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 04:10:02 am »

The first answer is No. If you want to increase your fitness, start with a good resistance training program (as cleared by your doc).
If you expect to sit on the couch with an electric thingy strapped to your waist activating your abs, it's not going to do much but feel weird. You actually have a really powerfull electric thingy installed in you from the factory--your nervous system. You can activate your core wherever you are, whenever you want. Do a plank, and squeeze your abdomen.

Once you have spent some months on a good fitness routine, you may consider using a vibrating machine. Something like that is more of a side dish, and less of a main course. They do work to increase bone density and muscle contraction.

The point is if you rely on buying gizmos, thinking they will solve your lack-of-fitness problem, they won't. Find a good program, and do it  Smiley

(Certified Strength and Conditioning pro)

(Hidden)

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2020, 04:09:19 am »

The first answer is No.

The second answer is pretty much No, as well.  The body responds positively to proper exercise, healthy diet and avoidance of bad habits such as lack of sleep. recreational drugs, smoking, excessive alcohol and on and on. Cosmetic surgery and trendy treatments can relieve some outward appearances, but if you resume the same bad habits, it all comes back again.

(Hidden)

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2020, 05:59:20 pm »

No. Those machines do little to none in terms of stimulating muscle. They are good post workout to help move the lactic acid and reduce soreness other then that a waste

(Hidden)

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2020, 06:58:41 pm »

I wouldn't spend my money on them, either. I've talked to many gym instructors (friends and family members who work in gyms and are doctors) and they all say they are a waste of time and money.

No, I would not spend my money on them.

If they would work, it would be big news and everybody would have them I guess.

(Hidden)

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2020, 07:10:37 pm »

Taking a walk would do more for you and wouldn't cost anything except wear and tear on your shoes.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: