Forum Root layout mishap (w/ screenshot & error comments)
Hello May 28, 2020, 01:25:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Root layout mishap (w/ screenshot & error comments)  (Read 275 times)
(Hidden)

« on: March 09, 2019, 11:59:36 pm »

Just to let you guys know how it comes out, in several places down the Forum ROOT page.
Screenshot only caught the topmost instance of it; but, you'll get the idea.

Start tag 'div' seen in 'table'.
Start tag 'ul' seen in 'table'.
etc...

~ Neo

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 12:07:14 am »

this is where it goes wrong; just in case it's helpful.

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 06:01:12 am »

It's been such a long time it's been like this. I don't think there's anyone even here anymore honestly.
1x Exclamation point

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 10:02:31 pm »

Just to let you guys know how it comes out, in several places down the Forum ROOT page.
Screenshot only caught the topmost instance of it; but, you'll get the idea.

Start tag 'div' seen in 'table'.
Start tag 'ul' seen in 'table'.
etc...

~ Neo

This has been happening for so long, I don't think there's even anyone here on the forum anymore. This place would be infinitely better if they reorganized the forums, focusing on request section cause that's what most use. But, people will probably be bringing this up for years to come.

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 08:38:48 am »

Oh, it's my old pal Fester79, on the topic we love the most:  the unfortunate malfunctioning of the Big Board.

It remains a pity.  I find myself skipping over the topic groups that have been made into small type.

My guess:  There may be some concern that experimenting for a "full cure" could result in a truly cataclysmic event, like the loss of members' ratio data, seedpoints, reputation, and so on.  Granted, if such a systemic failure occurred -- well, who can imagine the sound of so many queens screaming?     Crazy? 

And yet, that wonky Big Board does make me nostalgic for the days of old.  I'm sure they have looked over all the options (for a long time now).  Drinks are on me when it's fixed or replaced.

(Hidden)

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 07:43:31 am »

It's been such a long time it's been like this. I don't think there's anyone even here anymore honestly.

The site owner has a full time job and he is the only coder for the site, unless he brings in paid help.  

PS: I sent this to him for a look.   Hug
1x Thumb Up

(Hidden)

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 11:33:20 am »

we are still here...  Cheers

the approach to fixing this is to update the forum software soon. This is very complicated due to various incompatibilities and will result in several days of downtime. Please be a little more patient

p.s.: I tried this already on a dry system.. i needs several Downgrades(!) of the DB server to work ! believe me, if this would be a very easy fix, it  would be done !!!! I need a huge timewindow for this. AND the right mood !!  + if i cannot fix it without some drawbags, i would be happy to not get  stone to death for it !
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 01:35:24 pm by (Hidden) » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled