Arkansas state Senator wants to end "stand your ground" law
Hello May 27, 2019, 02:21:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arkansas state Senator wants to end "stand your ground" law  (Read 56 times)
(Hidden)

« on: March 10, 2019, 07:14:16 am »

A black female state Senator wants to end Arkansas' "stand your ground" laws, aka right to self-defense.

Her claim is that "too many black boys and men" are being killed during the commission of crimes because people are allowed to defend themselves and their property against criminals. 

++++

This reminds me of the black woman city councilor in Philadelphia who pushed a bill that would ban bulletproof glass in shops because it was racist against blacks.   The Asian shop owner's group claimed she was pushing genocide on them with the ban. 

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 11:08:07 pm »

I think you miss the point the new bill removes the requirement to retreat before using force - the new changes allow use of deadly force with no retreat. Self Defence with retreat shows no will to fight and if pursued force is used can be SD but this change allows used of deadly force without retreat against a perceived threat - which is subjective and introduces ambiguity as to who is a threat, is there one & is force necessary?

If you use force straight away with no retreat it'll be easier to claim SD in many other crimes where this is not the case. SD with retreat shows you were forced to engage with a willingness to disarm/ be unarmed/ or not cause harm against someone who disregarded these signals and continued to cause harm or distress. This part is important as with all violence in the U.S. it hurts minorities more, removing that part would possibly make it more likely that they will die in more so-called SD cases.
1x Thumb Up

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 07:46:00 am »

It would only hurt minorities more if they commit more crime.   

When I lived in the US, if you broke in my house I'd have no problem shooting you in the face.     I don't give a shit if your mom goes on TV crying saying that I was evil and that you were only trying to get stuff to go to school, as we saw with the black teen who was killed by an elderly lady a few years ago.

Don't commit crimes, you won't get killed.   

Living in the UK, I'm disgusted that it is your duty to retreat at all costs.  If you use self-defense, you have to prove you had absolutely no other option.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: