Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin involved in college admissions scam
Hello May 27, 2019, 01:05:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin involved in college admissions scam  (Read 625 times)
(Hidden)

« on: March 15, 2019, 06:37:22 am »

How crazy is this?!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/12/arts/huffman-loughlin-college-scandal.html

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 11:51:26 pm »

I went to an Ivy. Alumnae put their names on all sorts of buildings. Or gardens, or walkways, or park benches. Donations. I'm sure donations got them more than a building with their name sake. Sometimes I'd run into their progeny.

Also, the US pretends its a meritocracy; it's not. Granted, I enjoyed reading about the scandal; it just confirmed thoughts about racism, privilege, and power.

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 05:26:35 am »

So many things to add (and your points are well noted, USH), but it's late.

I will just say how I roared with laughter when I first saw Lori Loughlin's courtroom "sketch," which the artist claimed (and I believe her) that the scowl on the drawing was real and not accentuated.

Also not hard to believe Lori's a miserable, entitled bitch, and all dat for a career "highlighted" as Aunt Becky from that '80s?/90? sitcom, and as the (former, fired) queen of Hallmark's insipid "feel-good" movies.

General prison population for her, please.

And her daughters are cloned ice princesses, but they'll land safely at another college (perhaps abroad?).

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 12:55:03 am »

Haha--that's one trips me up the most.  Her youngest daughter didn't want to go to college, yet, used it to peddle her online branding career.  No pity. I just find it hilarious.
1x Cheesy

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 06:38:19 am »

Lori claims she's not guilty...yeah, right!

She basically put this whole Hallmark Channel series in Jeopardy and Fuller House also at one big scandal, what a messy b--

(Hidden)

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 06:24:33 am »

While Lori did some of the more-popular Hallmark-style TV movies, they will survive quite nicely without her.

Each movie seems to have a $50,000 budget, there's always a roster of young wholesome types ready to work for peanuts.

Truly, the notion of these super-clean movies, with guys and girls falling in love at a pumpkin pie festival, etc., makes me want to barf.

Oh, but back to the delusional and defiant Lori, at least she and her husband are getting some nice tax audits, based partly on their gall in deducting their illicit college placement payouts on their tax returns!

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/lori-loughlin-husband-mossimo-giannulli-will-be-audited-by-irs/
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 06:52:36 am by (Hidden) » Logged

(Hidden)

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2019, 09:44:08 pm »

Well, a few weeks have passed, and leaving a follow-up to myself, sigh.

https://people.com/crime/lori-loughlin-feeling-more-confident-she-will-escape-jail-source/

Dear, sweet Lori, feeling "more confident" she will be acquitted.  As an aside, her daughters have not been implicated (yet?), although it's been reported they posed for crew/rowing pictures as part of their scam as "athletic recruits."

Will justice be served?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled