US Supreme Court rejects religious liberty case
Hello June 16, 2019, 08:47:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: US Supreme Court rejects religious liberty case  (Read 219 times)
(Hidden)

« on: March 20, 2019, 07:41:57 am »

The USSC has rejected a case where a Hawaii B&B owner refused to rent a room to a lesbian couple on religious grounds, which violates the states anti-discrimination law.   

The B&B owner is citing Bill Clinton's (and the Democrat's) Religious Freedom Restoration Act to justify her actions. 

In this case, at least, the lesbian couple has won.  However, there are several other LGBT cases also being considered for a hearing.

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 05:20:43 pm »

These types of cases are always a bit messy.

MY OPINION.  If you insert the religious group you most detest discriminating against someone like you that will show whether you are following principal or being Tribal.

So, would I think that a Wahhabi Muslim could refuse to rent a room in their BnB to an Orthodox Jew?  I'd say yes.  If it were another form of hotel where the Wahhabi wouldn't have to share a meal with someone else, I'd say no.

While my sympathies are with the Lesbian couple I think it should be legal to decide whom to allow into your home.

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 06:06:40 am »

It's amazing.... We continuously hear more and more cases like these involving religious beliefs; yet people still don't "believe" that LGBT hatred still exists.

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 07:03:50 am »

Loves it! police

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 09:22:11 pm »

In the words of Wendy Williams: "what a mess"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.