Nick here leading personal trainer in London, UK.
To loose weight just focus on basics.
1) Be fully hydrated 24/7 or your metabolism and other functions are never optimal
2) Track what you eat using myfitnesspal or at least use some sort of a measure i.e a cup (weight the cup with say blueberries and its 100g), then you know by eye its 100g approx
3) Be in a 20% calorie deficit (below your metabolic rate + whatever energy you burn, i.e walking step count, gym etc.) days off, stick to higher fat intake & startly higher protein which you want 1-2.5g per lb of bodyweight (slightly difference if your very high bodyfat). Days off stick to a 30% calorie deficit.
4) Working out macros... download this spreadsheet off google - type into google "natural bodybuilding spreadsheet" it's the top link, will auto download - pretty straight forward (disgard all the food related stuff, just get the numbers and set deficits etc).
5) Eat less sugar - majority of overweight people have fucked up insulin sensitivity levels which hinders fat-loss potential (even in a deficit - below what your body needs - which yields fat-burning).
6) Fast for 12 hours minumum between your LAST & first meal - this is where serious gut repair happens & can improve your health 10 fold. Mainly people in the world don't loose fat easy due to imbalance gut hormones if your not aware for example 70-90% of sorathinin (happy hormone) is producted via gut signals. Poor gut = depression, aniexty and so...
Plenty other things could say but stick to basics, exercise 4-5x week high intensity (low rest periods, 60min MAX), plenty of water and get an understanding of your diet & monitor your body-weight, measurements and pictures (3 pillar system).
Note if your not really clued up, cutting your carbs down massively, the weight you loose fast isn't fat, its water retention; soon as you eat carbs again it'll put weight back on and put you often into a spiral of negative mindset as think you've put on loads of fat - its water, stop tripping