can i lose weight with diet alone?
Hello October 14, 2019, 10:56:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: can i lose weight with diet alone?  (Read 593 times)
(Hidden)

« on: July 29, 2019, 11:43:56 pm »

“Yes, you can lose weight with diet alone, but exercise is an important component. Without it, only a portion of your weight loss is from fat — you're also stripping away muscle and bone density. ... “As a rule of thumb, weight loss is generally 75 percent diet and 25 percent exercise

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 09:34:33 pm »

I started in January 2019 with just water fasting and keto lifestyle dieting and moderate activity at work, no exercise/gyming...
I started at 116Kg, today I weighed in at 88Kg  Grin I feel healthier and more energetic!

Keto mostly involves cutting out all sugars!!! starches, carbohydrates and processed foods.

Oh, ovoid anything with corn syrup, that sh!t is poisonous to the system! Read the product labels!
1x Thumb Up

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 01:14:53 am »

Yes, losing weight is all about caloric deficit but HOW you create the deficit makes a big difference. You don't wanna to look emaciated, right? The 'exercise' component is important to maintain/build muscle and that should be a priority imo. No need to do strenuous and boring cardio, just lift weights and you're good to go.

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 04:42:54 am »

I've tried a mixture of both.  A good friend had a copy of The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss, which I quickly read through a couple of hours. The author claims it's all diet, but understanding how your body responds to hunger requires understanding a lot of factors.

Either way, when I was younger I tried a keto diet and dropped 35 pounds in five weeks. The accelerated rate of weight loss lessened after that initial bump. 

I'm personally a fan of diet and exercise. But I strongly encourage constant work, lifestyle changes, and working on practical results. So many of the models of what we should look like are unrealistic for most people.

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 02:17:21 am »

I'm personally a fan of diet and exercise. But I strongly encourage constant work, lifestyle changes, and working on practical results. So many of the models of what we should look like are unrealistic for most people.

Lifestyle changes are the key here, you don't have to feel you are on diet or exercising, make them as part of your every day, turn them into habits.

The male models are indeed unrealistic and some are really unhealthy.  We really need to understand they are either A) Using steroids or B) They actually had prep workouts and diets in order to get shredded for comercials and photos (they do not look like that all year around)

(Hidden)

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 08:31:53 am »

Simple sugars should be cut out of your diet, except as a burst of energy, during a workout. 

I've mostly eliminated High GI (simple strain carbs/sugars) and switched to Low GI (complex carbs/sugars). 

(Hidden)

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2019, 03:25:29 pm »

yes, of course, but the dietary change has to be long lasting or permanent

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled