Dubai: Pop Group Gay Kiss
Hello October 14, 2019, 10:47:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dubai: Pop Group Gay Kiss  (Read 344 times)
(Hidden)

« on: August 16, 2019, 06:55:14 pm »

So, a singer from this boy band "The 1975" gives a guy in the audience a kiss (I'm guessing lips, not air-kiss on cheek?), and the media have picked up the story:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/16/entertainment/matt-healy-1975-dubai-kiss-scli-gbr-intl/index.html

The (very, very cute) singer later tweeted "I don't think we'll be allowed back due to my behaviour," and I think it's risky for them to return, even if they were cleared for entry.  A second "offense" might be hard for officials to overlook?

Any world/music/UAE observers care to comment?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_1975

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 01:50:01 am »

i wonder what happened to the guy he kissed
1x Exclamation point

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 04:35:40 am »

Hmm...I do think the lead singer of 1975 is known for courting controversy...willingly.

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 12:05:09 am »

sounds like he doomed the person he kissed.....
1x Thumb Up

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 05:30:58 am »

sounds like he doomed the person he kissed.....
in another board someone said that Dubai homophobe laws aren't that strict in comparison to Saudi Arabias for example, so the guy is probably safe

(Hidden)

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 09:05:50 pm »

Better than Saudi Arabia is an extremely low bar.
This is a country where the police locked school girls in a burning building, crucify teenagers for being Shi'ite, throw political opponents from helicopters, cut the heads off elderly women who write horoscopes, sawed a journalist apart while taping it, and target schools & hospitals in the war on Yemen.
The guy in Dubai may not be safe - especially if he's one of their non-citizen slaves employees who have no protection under the laws.

(Hidden)

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 08:20:42 am »

Better than Saudi Arabia is an extremely low bar.
This is a country where the police locked school girls in a burning building, crucify teenagers for being Shi'ite, throw political opponents from helicopters, cut the heads off elderly women who write horoscopes, sawed a journalist apart while taping it, and target schools & hospitals in the war on Yemen.
The guy in Dubai may not be safe - especially if he's one of their non-citizen slaves employees who have no protection under the laws.

Wahabism is the most extreme/conservative version of islam.    They follow Wahab, 1st and foremost, and if he doesn't talk about something they then go back to the quran and Mohammed.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: