Is oral safe?
Hello October 14, 2019, 04:12:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is oral safe?  (Read 192 times)
(Hidden)

« on: September 13, 2019, 01:02:51 am »

Can unprotected oral sex transmit HIV? Some sources say that it is not safe, and others say that the risk is only theoretical...

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 05:24:35 am »

It's only unsafe if you have wounds in your mouth

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 08:38:58 pm »

Can unprotected oral sex transmit HIV? Some sources say that it is not safe, and others say that the risk is only theoretical...

No reliable source says that unprotected oral sex is safe.  That was true even before HIV.  It is true even if you don't have any sores anywhere on your body.  

Some of the diseases that are transmitted through unprotected oral sex are HIV, herpes, syphilis, gonorrhea, HPV, and viral hepatitis.  HPV causes warts or cancer.  

Oral herpes simplex (cold sores, fever blisters) and genital herpes simplex are very common;  the majority of people in the world have one or the other.  The virus can be transmitted even if there are no visible sores and can infect the lips, mouth, penis, anus, etc.  

Oral transmission of HIV is low risk but it is not no risk.  It can happen even without visible sores or wounds.

If you are having any kind of unprotected sex, consider using PrEP.

http://www.whatisprep.org/

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 05:53:58 am »

No reliable source says that unprotected oral sex is safe.  That was true even before HIV.  It is true even if you don't have any sores anywhere on your body.  

Some of the diseases that are transmitted through unprotected oral sex are HIV, herpes, syphilis, gonorrhea, HPV, and viral hepatitis.  HPV causes warts or cancer.  

Oral herpes simplex (cold sores, fever blisters) and genital herpes simplex are very common;  the majority of people in the world have one or the other.  The virus can be transmitted even if there are no visible sores and can infect the lips, mouth, penis, anus, etc.  

Oral transmission of HIV is low risk but it is not no risk.  It can happen even without visible sores or wounds.

If you are having any kind of unprotected sex, consider using PrEP.

http://www.whatisprep.org/

To add what @BearBearBear said...... I think the GMHC and the CDC has done such a good job pushing A.I.D.S. and H.I.V. awareness, that the communities has forgotten about all the other deadly diseases besides A.I.D.S. Look, I understand that sex feel exponentially better condomless. However, there are some extremely nasty mutherfuckes out here, mutherfuckers that have things they often keep in secret, or don't even know they have because they're doin' shit on the downlow. You have to put that condom on until you feel you fully know your partner (and sometimes not even then). This is not something you can simple put in the category of "he think too much." If you don't put that shit on, you may find yourself waking up to not having any lips; or contracting something that will be there for the rest of your life (way after you've left that "hot stud"). Kapeesh?

-AOS

My Classic Torrent Blog:

hXXps://anythingoldschool.classic.appboxes.co

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled