What Spices to add to Pork Loin Steaks?
Hello October 14, 2019, 11:01:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Spices to add to Pork Loin Steaks?  (Read 71 times)
(Hidden)

« on: October 01, 2019, 01:38:02 pm »

I bought a pack of 8 pork loin steaks and pan-fried the first two.  They were OK but a bit chewy and plain.

I found a recipe for cooking with spices but failed, probably because I used too much and mistook chilli powder for paprika!   The meat was juicy and tender because the first step was an overnight soak in salted & peppered water - that was good.

I did it again without the chilli powder and it was much better!

The spices were to be mixed with olive oil, marinated for an hour and then I cooked everything in a casserole dish for 35 mins @ 160C in the oven.  Cooking produced some juice which I poured over the meat to serve.

I would like suggestions for spices, excluding chilli, including combinations, to use.  I also would like to turn the juice produced into a glaze rather than a gravy.  Is that mix the juice with honey?

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 05:37:58 am »

For anything Pork, 2 words: Everglades Seasoning.

https://www.evergladesseasoning.com/products/everglades-all-purpose-seasoning-16-oz

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: