Stalled torrents
Hello September 24, 2020, 07:49:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stalled torrents  (Read 265 times)
(Hidden)

« on: November 05, 2019, 04:52:53 am »

I'm getting a lot of stalled torrents when I start downloading them. I'm using qbittorrent v4.1.2, any suggestions on how to fix this would be great. Thanks

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 06:36:42 am »

I'm getting a lot of stalled torrents when I start downloading them. I'm using qbittorrent v4.1.2, any suggestions on how to fix this would be great. Thanks
I'm not exactly sure how you define "stalled," but I find that many torrents seem to take some time to start downloading.  I think it's a "feature" of the system, not of users, because sometimes there can be a dozen or more download-peers, like me, all "connected" but still at 0.0%.  Things eventually get moving after a few minutes, or sometimes as much as a half hour.  I can only recall one time when everyone seemed stalled out for days (and all at 0.0%), and I deleted the torrent and moved on.

So, bottom line is I don't think you need to/can tweak anything with your system...just be patient and the stuff will come.

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 08:43:45 am »

I'm not exactly sure how you define "stalled," but I find that many torrents seem to take some time to start downloading.  I think it's a "feature" of the system, not of users, because sometimes there can be a dozen or more download-peers, like me, all "connected" but still at 0.0%.  Things eventually get moving after a few minutes, or sometimes as much as a half hour.  I can only recall one time when everyone seemed stalled out for days (and all at 0.0%), and I deleted the torrent and moved on.

So, bottom line is I don't think you need to/can tweak anything with your system...just be patient and the stuff will come.

Torrents don't stall nearly as often as they did years ago...
but still, I don't understand why some torrents go 22mb / second.. while other's creep along at 2k per second.  Even a dial up modem is typically 56k.   22mb is 22000k

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: