Do you use dating apps?
Hello August 07, 2020, 07:58:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use dating apps?  (Read 844 times)
(Hidden)

« on: January 02, 2020, 02:37:58 pm »

Which dating apps do you use? Does it work? Do you use it for "one-nighters" or to find a relationship? Do you take dating apps seriously or just get on to see if there are gay guys nearby?

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 04:24:03 pm »

I used to use Craigslist a lot for hookups.  It was very "successful" but I haven't found a good replacement for it.

I have Grindr, but more for curiosity:  I work at a large university, and it's interesting to see who's online nearby--either staff or students.  It confirmed my often-faulty gaydar in a few cases and has led to some friendships.

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 04:22:33 pm »

I use gayromeo often, for NSA fun, or even friendships.

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 10:18:07 pm »

I primary use Grindr fo hookups, Gay Romeo for more serious relationships Tongue

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 08:13:32 pm »

I use apps/services typically for one night stands/hookups. I just ain't looking for a relationship, which makes me sad at having to ignore guys who are on just to find a boyfriend. Also, if you don't mind, I'd like to vent my experiences with some of these.

Here are the services I've used:

Grindr: Probably the most successful of the ones I have. I should take a firmer stance and block those who have no pics and vague words as their names. Good for scoping out anyone nearby who is gay and on the app.

GuySpy: Has the gaydar feature on a map. I can see the exact house a guy is staying if I zoom in close enough. Seems to be dead on my area nowadays, though.

Manjam: The pickings look good, but is the least successful, also seems to be dying. I got chewed out by a guy who lives the next country over for ignoring his messages. When I said that I was looking for locals only, he walked away saying that I regret not giving him a chance. Also spammers.

Onlylads: Very unwieldy to use. If looking by nearest, the site lists people in seemingly random order, with a guy 15 KM away next to a guy 8 km away. Search ain't that comprehensive.

PlanetRomeo: Probably my go to, a positive mix of Grindr and Manjam. Too bad only the site lets you add more criteria to searches. The mobile app "needs" Plus, for some reason.

I've used a little bit more, like Scruff and Growlr, but I don't check those often.

(Hidden)

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2020, 02:16:04 am »

I use apps/services typically for one night stands/hookups. I just ain't looking for a relationship, which makes me sad at having to ignore guys who are on just to find a boyfriend. Also, if you don't mind, I'd like to vent my experiences with some of these.

Here are the services I've used:

Grindr: Probably the most successful of the ones I have. I should take a firmer stance and block those who have no pics and vague words as their names. Good for scoping out anyone nearby who is gay and on the app.

GuySpy: Has the gaydar feature on a map. I can see the exact house a guy is staying if I zoom in close enough. Seems to be dead on my area nowadays, though.

Manjam: The pickings look good, but is the least successful, also seems to be dying. I got chewed out by a guy who lives the next country over for ignoring his messages. When I said that I was looking for locals only, he walked away saying that I regret not giving him a chance. Also spammers.

Onlylads: Very unwieldy to use. If looking by nearest, the site lists people in seemingly random order, with a guy 15 KM away next to a guy 8 km away. Search ain't that comprehensive.

PlanetRomeo: Probably my go to, a positive mix of Grindr and Manjam. Too bad only the site lets you add more criteria to searches. The mobile app "needs" Plus, for some reason.

I've used a little bit more, like Scruff and Growlr, but I don't check those often.

Thanks for the detailed personal review!

Wink

(Hidden)

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 06:38:39 pm »

I used to get dates with Grindr. And I always had good experiences with the guys I met there (actually I met my current boyfriend there  Smiley), for just one night or for more time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: