My parents think they did something wrong while I grew up just because I'm gay
Hello September 25, 2020, 12:12:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My parents think they did something wrong while I grew up just because I'm gay  (Read 14646 times)
(Hidden)

« on: December 10, 2018, 10:58:40 pm »

I'm actually a smart intellectual trying my best in life Cry

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 04:52:35 pm »

I'm sorry to hear that. All you can do is to prove that you are staying true with yourself. There is nothing wrong with you, that none of anyone's fault. All I can say is good luck, you are the one who hold your life and make sure you do thing right to make it worth as your dream  with love. Someone says: " You're perfect the way you are. " and I think you're too.

Ps: If my Grammar isn't right, please forgive me.

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 07:24:34 am »

You don't mention what may have led your parents to this way of thinking, but if it's deeply held (possibly fundamentalist) religious beliefs, there's precious little you can do.

Whatever the cause, your parents' narrow thinking is certainly unfortunate, and I hope you were/are able to live a life not under their roof.  Many LGBT young people find it easier to "move on" with the help of social or support groups -- browse the Internet for organizations in your area.

You can always write your parents and let them know you're willing to make an effort to bridge the gap, but only if they come in with an open mind.  And if they refuse, then refocus away from these things that won't change, to the goals you're setting for your bright future, cutting loose from their negativity.  That's their problem to carry -- not yours.

1x Thumb Up

(Hidden)
Muted

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 05:41:42 pm »

it's sad. but the truth is there's not much you can do. hopefully things will get better soon

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 01:08:38 pm »

You just need to educate them. Don't be too hard, they just need to catch up.

Find out how they like to learn (documentary, leaflet, book) and help them find the source. They probably don't know any other gay people. When they do, they'll realise it's not how they see it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: