Trimming excess torrents -
Hello January 25, 2021, 10:54:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trimming excess torrents -  (Read 418 times)
(Hidden)

« on: January 08, 2021, 08:25:07 pm »

I’m currently seeding ~2,700 torrents. I occasionally get errors about having to many active torrents so I need to stop seeding some. Is there a particular strategy I should be using when deciding what torrents to stop? Oldest last activity date, oldest torrents, lowest ratio, highest ratio, number of other seeders, something else? I get waaay to many automated re-seed requests, I don’t have the time to deal with them so once I delete a torrent I won’t reseed it. I won’t stop seeding if I’m the only seeder. My ratio is ~8.9 and I have a buffer of 307TB so I’m not too worried about a little dip in either.

I manage my torrents with Python scripts so I can build in any logic I want to. Any suggestions appreciated!

GBJ
1x Question mark

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 08:39:36 pm »

On torrents that are six months or older, if they still have at least three seeders, then that is three seeders determined to outlast you - maybe let them win  Grin

Recently changed one element of handling issues like this. Our seeding computer is separate from our media viewing computer, so when a single-file torrent needs to be deleted I'll usually keep the copy on the second one in case a reseed request arrives, and copy it back over.
1x Lamp

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 09:27:41 pm »

It is pointless to seed torrent when there are no active peers connected or no leechers, unless someone ask to re-seed...
Always check in your torrent list if there are some active peers/leechers, and if not seeding then stop...
Run only the torrent w/c has a bunch or active peer/leechers...
You can always see the number of seeders and peers from the trackers in your torrent client... Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: