“If You Asked Me Too” - Patti or Céline?
Hello October 21, 2018, 10:44:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: “If You Asked Me Too” - Patti or Céline?  (Read 773 times)
(Hidden)

« on: August 06, 2016, 08:36:17 am »

As for me…without the video, I’d call it pretty much a tie. However, throw in the videos…

Patti takes it “going away” the way she belts it!

No dis’ to Céline, but when Patti starts throwing those “fits”--hands shaking and all that--she’s really into it.

By the end of the video, the girl is coming out of her shoes, kicking off them “heels”!

So, which diva do you think does it better--perhaps there’s another artist’s version out there that you like even more?

Patti LaBelle (1989):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da-RjeCObyA

Céline Dion (1992):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bKuXbnGDqI

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 07:01:58 am »

I'd say that the two Diva have a different point of view about the song.

To be honest, this is the first I see those two videos and while the song its been years.

Patti with her black dress and all the hand shaking was trying to make the song more dramatic, adding point plus for her vocal performance. And I think she pretty nailed it at the climax.

But, Celine on the other hands, with white dress, sexy pose, the touching and he mirrors, put a more light features to the songs, but yet, her powerful vocal just undeniable.

Conclusion, I vote for Celine because she has extra points because she was successfully delivered the song beautifully while it was not her original song.

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 07:38:15 am »

I'd say that the two Diva have a different point of view about the song.

To be honest, this is the first I see those two videos and while the song its been years.

Patti with her black dress and all the hand shaking was trying to make the song more dramatic, adding point plus for her vocal performance. And I think she pretty nailed it at the climax.

But, Celine on the other hands, with white dress, sexy pose, the touching and he mirrors, put a more light features to the songs, but yet, her powerful vocal just undeniable.

Conclusion, I vote for Celine because she has extra points because she was successfully delivered the song beautifully while it was not her original song.
Your conclusion makes a great point!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled