best film for 2017
Hello October 19, 2017, 07:24:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: best film for 2017  (Read 98 times)
(Hidden)

« on: August 05, 2017, 11:49:16 am »

whats the best film for 2017?? police
based on your watch

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 01:05:48 pm »

it's a bit early but so far A Monster Calls http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3416532/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 01:58:51 am »

whats the best film for 2017?? police
based on your watch

I loved Wonder Woman. I flew to Taiwan to see it (because it opened here in Japan late August).

Of course, there were many more artistic films that hit with a punch like the now infamous Mother or the war epic Dunkerst even Kimi no Na wa (Japanese film). But the only film I paid to see three times was Wonder Woman.

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 11:35:19 am »

It'll probably change before the year is out, but definitely Get Out. It is a masterpiece and I honestly cannot wait for the award nominations it will receive *fingers crossed* to be announced. It isn't one of the most critically-acclaimed films of this year for nothing! It still has a 99% rating on Rotten Tomatoes AND it was a relatively major box office success given its budget. Beyond that stuff though, it's a great film and struck a near-perfect balance of comedy and horror.

LOCK HIM UP
(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 05:26:30 pm »

My favorite film was Valerian - which bombed at the box office.

This has not been a great year for movies.  Menashe was the best movie I've seen this year but it's in a language fewer than a million people speak.  I think Dunkirk is a good movie that has a chance of winning a bunch of awards.

(Hidden)

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:48:21 am »

It'll probably change before the year is out, but definitely Get Out. It is a masterpiece and I honestly cannot wait for the award nominations it will receive *fingers crossed* to be announced. It isn't one of the most critically-acclaimed films of this year for nothing! It still has a 99% rating on Rotten Tomatoes AND it was a relatively major box office success given its budget. Beyond that stuff though, it's a great film and struck a near-perfect balance of comedy and horror.

I agree. This film had so much going for it and I say this even though I watched it already knowing what was going to happen (because I was listening to a CRACKED podcast and didn't pay attention when they said to skip the next few minutes if you didn't want it spoiled.

Also The Hunt for the Wilderpeople, a New Zealand film that was actually released late last year, but is so damned funny that I have to say it is hands down the best comedy film I've seen in the last twelve months.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: