M1 crash: Eight dead after minibus and two lorries collide near Newport Pagnell
Hello November 17, 2017, 06:38:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: M1 crash: Eight dead after minibus and two lorries collide near Newport Pagnell  (Read 32 times)
(Hidden)

« on: August 26, 2017, 06:17:06 pm »

Eight people have died and four people, including a child, have been taken to hospital after their minibus was crushed in a horrific collision with two lorries on the M1 near Newport Pagnell.

The collision involving lorries from FedEx and L M Logistics and a minibus took place shortly before 3.15am on Saturday.

The driver of one of the HGVs has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving and and dangerous driving, a further driver has also been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving. Both are currently in police custody.

Brett Smith fought to save a young girl trapped in the minibus wreckage, giving her his jacket to keep her warm.

"A family has been destroyed. I held a little girl by her arms, trapped inside a vehicle, for a good hour or so with the emergency services and the fire service trying to help.

"I walked home with a blanket that the ambulance service provided me to stay warm because the little girl has got my jacket to keep herself safe. The fire and ambulances services did a really good job."

She is being treated at Birmingham Children's Hospital.

All the injured suffered "serious" or "life-threatening" injuries.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/several-die-crash-m1-involving-090830433.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled