Best TV show you ever saw?
Hello February 17, 2019, 01:12:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best TV show you ever saw?  (Read 289 times)
(Hidden)

« on: August 11, 2018, 03:38:14 pm »

What was it?

(Hidden)

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 11:20:54 am »

Not counting cartoons, I'd say Wonderfalls and Pushing Daisies.

(Hidden)

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 10:25:14 am »

Revenge . Loved that show. So well thought through .

(Hidden)

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 02:46:00 am »

Penny Dreadful, hands down.
Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, and now Haunting of Hill House if Netflix counts.  ~R.

(Hidden)

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 03:42:59 pm »

Maybe I have too short an attention span but here are very few shows I'll like all the way through.  The ones I recall have episodes or seasons I dislike.

Babylon 5 - last season is a miss.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Once More with Feeling and Hush were two of the best hours I've ever seen on tv.
Viscious - most of it was great.
Being Human - (british version only) the first season was great.
Doctor Who - so very uneven over the years.

(Hidden)

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 02:30:42 pm »

Probably The Sopranos. I haven't re-watched it in a while so I'm not sure if it holds up, but I remember being amazed with what they were getting away with, and how complex everything about the show was, especially when compared with every other drama that was airing at that time.

(Hidden)

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 06:05:42 pm »

From the "modern" era, I will also go with Penny Dreadful, still distraught that it ended so abruptly.

From the "classic" era, I will go with The Avengers, which has nothing to do with the current superhero franchise (grumble).  This trippy 1960s British detective show was at its best when Patrick Macnee was paired with Honor Blackman and then, the incomparable Dame Diana Rigg, who I will surely be in the next life:

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/16500000/The-Avengers-the-sexy-one-diana-rigg-16557864-800-600.jpg

(Hidden)

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 01:47:49 am »

I even liked Tara King.  I wish that most of the episodes of the first series hadn't been destroyed.
1x Wink

(Hidden)

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 10:27:10 am »

I even liked Tara King.  I wish that most of the episodes of the first series hadn't been destroyed.

It was a near-impossible task for Linda Thorson "Tara" to fill the stilettos of Rigg, perhaps a factor as to why Thorson's first season was also the original show's last.

As for Season One, to my knowledge, only 3 complete and one partial episode have been recovered, as the videotape "masters" of that era were reused (feel free to weep).  Of the surviving episodes, Tunnel of Fear was, quite unexpectedly, found in 2016, and I'll have to see if a copy has made its way onto the net.

(Hidden)

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2019, 10:22:35 pm »

Of the surviving episodes, Tunnel of Fear was, quite unexpectedly, found in 2016, and I'll have to see if a copy has made its way onto the net.

Pardon my poor dollar conversion skills, but am I to understand that the free market is charging +/- $25US for this single, one-hour, no-longer-lost Avengers episode?!?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avengers-Tunnel-Fear-DVD/dp/B079LDBNYZ

And to keep the thread on-topic...

Favorite Animated TV show (modern):  The genial Bob's Burgers (honorables to Bojack, Squidbilllies, Mr. Pickles, Family Guy, American Dad, etc., etc.)

Favorite Animated TV show (classic): Tie -- very early Japanimation Prince Planet, and Star Trek: the Animated Series.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Jump to: